The long talked about “Stealthvania” title The Siege and the Sandfox, being developed by Cardboard Sword, has taken a step closer to release by joining with publisher Koch Media on its’ debut title. It is now slated to be released on PC in 2023.
The Siege and the Sandfox is a 2D 16-bit that has a Metroidvania feel with platform style gameplay with stealth mechanics added in.
They describe the game’s playstyle as using "stealth to sneak through the environments, incapacitating enemies or ghosting past them as if you were never there. Run, jump, slide, shimmy, pole swing, and more as you navigate the intricate game world, find new items and equipment, and unlock previously inaccessible locations."
• Expansive, non-linear exploration of a continuous world
• Innovative stealth skills to sneak past enemies with dynamic gameplay and intuitive controls worthy of an epic assassin’s adventure
• Merging modern effects and the spirit of the classics using Unreal Engine 4 results in a unique mixture of swift hand-drawn animations, backgrounds, and a 16-bit art style
• Dynamic gameplay-driven music system that builds tension and highlights danger
• An eclectic range of characters to discover and aid along the way, and tools to help access new areas previously unexplored
The Siege and the Sandfox is available to Wishlist on Steam, GOG, Humble and Epic Store starting today.