Sony dropped some big news today, announcing a slew of software upgrades for the PlayStation 5 console. See below for all that good info!
PlayStation 5 beta changes:
- 1440p HDMI Video Output
- The PS5 beta introduces support for 1440p HDMI video output, enabling players to choose an additional visual setting on compatible PC monitors and TVs.**
- If the game you’re playing supports 1440p rendering you can experience native 1440p output on your display.
- Or, if you’re playing a game with a higher native resolution like 4K, then you may benefit from improved anti-aliasing through supersampling down to 1440p output.
- You can check if your HDMI device is compatible by selecting “Test 1440p Output” under “Screen and Video” options within system settings.
- In your Game Library you can now create gamelists, which make organizing your games even easier.
- To start, go to the [Your Collection] tab and select [Create Gamelist]. Choose games to add to your gamelist, then decide what to name it.
- You can have up to 15 gamelists and 100 games per gamelist. All games under the “Your Collection” tab of your Game Library can be added to a gamelist, including disc, digital and streaming titles.*** You can also add the same game to multiple gamelists.
- Compare 3D Audio and Stereo Audio
- You can now listen to and compare the difference between 3D and stereo audio on the same screen, and then choose your preferred setting.
- Easier Access to In-progress Activities
- When resuming a game, in-progress activities are often shown prominently at the top of the game hub to make it as easy and as fast as possible to get back to where you left off.
- Request Share Screen
- You can now request party members to start Share Screen to watch their gameplay. Go to the voice chat card, select the party member you want to send the request to, and then select [Request Share Screen].
- Joinable Game Notification
- When you join a party and a party member is playing a game you can join, you’ll now receive a notification. You can join the game directly from the notification.
- View New Friends’ Profiles
- When you accept a friend request in the [Received] list, you can now view your new friend’s profile in [Accepted Requests].
- Send Stickers and Voice Messages in Game Base
- In the Game Base card, you can now send stickers and voice messages to your groups.
PS5 beta access is only available to selected participants in the U.S., Canada, Japan, U.K., Germany and France. For more information about the new PlayStation 5 beta changes, check out the official PlayStation Blog post.