If you've played Green Hell in Early Access, you know what's coming. If you haven't, there's still time; the game is set to launch into 1.0 on September 5, 2019, which leaves plenty of time for anticipation.
The most eagerly-awaited feature of the release is Story Mode, in which players will embark on a mission to save Mia, their lost love. The regular updates, including an expanded map and additional enemies, have made the Amazon rainforest more dangerous than ever. There will also, of course, be a series of changes and fixes coinciding with the launch date.
Notable additions include the following, direct from the press release:
- Story Mode — How did you end up in the Amazon? What happened to your love, Mia? How can you escape? How can you survive? Seeking answers to these questions will take you to the brink of sanity as you rediscover well-known areas and discover new areas for the first time.
- New Map Areas — The lush rainforest of Green Hell gets even bigger with new Wetlands to explore.
- Perma-Death Difficulty — Gear up for the most ruthless challenge yet. There’s no coming back from death.
- New Graphics Options — Optimize your experience with new FOV, Vsync, antialiasing, texture quality, and shadow distance options.
- New Plants and Animals — Introducing the psychosis-inducing Psychotria Viridis, the Banisterposis Caapi, and the lethally poisonous Dart Frog.
- Decay Timer— Many items in the game will now start to wither and decay. Players will have to be vigilant learning to use their items before they expire.
- Custom Game Settings — Have a problem with snakes? Maybe spiders? Introducing new options to turn tribes, predators, spiders, snakes, and the sanity meter on or off! Hate managing macroelements? Green Hell is also adding a depletion speed slider to adjust how quickly you need to replenish yourself.