I already have hundreds of hours logged in Breath of the Wild so any DLC I can get my hands on, I am going to embrace because I never want this masterpiece to end. We knew that two DLC packs for the game will be release this year and Nintendo has finally revealed the details of the first DLC pack for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The DLC pack of course will include the new hard mode, and the new "Cave of Trials" mode that was previously mentioned, but it also includes other cool additions as well.
Here is everything that is coming in DLC Pack 1.
- The Trial of the Sword, previous titled "Cave of Trials" is a new area where enemies appear one after another. Link also starts without any armor and weapons. In order to proceed to the next room (45 in total) Link must defeat all the enemies in the current room. When you finish all the rooms, "the true power of the Master Sword will awaken and always be in its glowing powered-up state."
- Hard Mode - Breath of the Wild's new "Hard Mode". In Hard Mode, the ranks of the enemies in the game are increased and players will encounter higher-ranking enemies that aren't found in the normal difficulty mode. Enemies also slowly recover health in battle so you are gonna want to defeat them as soon as possible. Enemies are also tougher to sneak up on as they will easily spot Link as he approaches. Finally, floating planks held up by balloons will be scattered around Hyrule. By reaching these planks, players can battle enemies and collect treasure.
- Hero's Path Mode - To help with tracking progress, the Hero's Path Mode will document every step players take with an included slider to track footsteps on a timeline. The game will track the last 200 hours worth of progress and will work with all of the progress you previously made in the game before downloading this update as well.
- Travel Medallion - A new treasure chest will appear in the game world which contains the Travel Medallion. This medallion will allow you to create a new travel point on the map where they are currently standing. Link can transport himself to that point at any time. Only one point can be on the map at a time.
- Korok Mask - When equipped, the mask will shake, indicating that a Korok is hiding nearby.
- New Equipment - Eight new pieces of equipment inspired by previous characters and games will be added. Once discovered they will yield equipment themed after games and characters like Midna, Tingle, Phantom and Majora's Mask.
DLC Pack 1 is only available in the season pass which currently runs for $19.99 and will be available some time this Summer.