Last week, we mentioned that Fallout 4 PC players via Steam would get access to the first patch for the game as a beta. Today, the patch was released and it contains a couple of PC specific new features as well as several fixes for minor in-game-annoyances. Here is the full list of updates as well as the steps needed to access the Beta patch.
Beta Update 1.2.33
• Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
• Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
• General memory and stability improvements
• Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
• Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
• During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
• Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
• Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
In order to get the beta off steam, here are the instructions:
This beta update is a work in progress so before opting into the beta, back up your saved games. Please give us feedback at our beta forums[forums.bethsoft.com]
To get the beta, you need to do the following:
1. Log into Steam
2. Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
3. Select Settings
4. Select Betas
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
6. Select OK.
7. Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
8. When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs.