For a limited time only, the Nindies@Home program lets people download free demos of nine upcoming Nindie games from the Nintendo eShop on Wii U between June 15 and 8:59 a.m. PT on June 22. (Photo: Business Wire)
??Independent developers continue to impress us with great digital games and experiences for the Nintendo eShop on Wii U,?? said Damon Baker, Nintendo of America??s Senior Marketing Manager of Publisher and Developer Relations. ??We want to give people at home a taste of the fun of E3, along with the chance to try some amazing games before they launch later this year.??
Games and developers participating in the Nindies@Home program this week include:
- Extreme Exorcism from Ripstone: In this paranormal Wii U platformer, every move players make comes back to haunt them. After each round players survive, a ghost will appear to mimic their every move from the round before. The longer a player survives, the more extreme the game becomes. The game offers 20 ghostbusting weapons, 50 challenges and co-op or deathmatch battles for up to four friends. The full game is scheduled to launch in Q3.
- forma.8 from Mixed Bag: In a distant future, the small exploration probe forma.8 is stranded alone on the surface of an alien planet. Players must explore a huge open world to help the probe acquire 10 different power-ups and recover a powerful energy source deep under the surface. The game includes an area exclusive to the Wii U version. The full game is scheduled to launch this fall.
- Freedom Planet from GalaxyTrail: Players fight their way across the celestial world of Avalice, where cats are green, motorcycles drive up walls and monster girls do most of the butt kicking. This cartoony, combat-based platform Wii U adventure pits a spunky dragonoid and her friends against an alien attack force. The full game is scheduled to launch in August.
- Lovely Planet from tinybuild and QUICKTEQUILA: This first-person shooter gun ballet for Wii U is set in a cutesy abstract world. Players jump and shoot their way through five worlds full of treacherous enemies with your trusty semi-automatic. The game offers 100 levels to master and five worlds to discover, with multiple secrets hidden deep within each world. The full game is scheduled to launch in December.
- Mutant Mudds Super Challenge from Renegade Kid: This platformer picks up right where the original Mutant Mudds left off. The game, which is exclusive to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, includes 40 new dimension-bending levels and epic boss fights designed for super players. The full game is scheduled to launch this summer.
- RIVE from Two Tribes: This metal-wrecking, robot-hacking Wii U shooter combines old-school gaming values in a new-school execution. With intense 360-degree shooting and platforming action, players learn to alter the behavior of their robotic enemies by collecting and uploading hacks. The full game is scheduled to launch in November.
- Runbow from 13AM Games: Up to nine players can join in the colorful chaos in this Nintendo eShop exclusive. The world transforms before players?? eyes with each swipe of color, so think fast to stay alive. Go head to head in Run, Arena and King of the Hill, or play as the ColorMaster and manipulate the environment on the Wii U GamePad controller. Players can take on challenges alone or with friends in Runbow??s Adventure Mode. The full game also features guest characters from other Nintendo eShop titles. The full game is scheduled to launch in Q3.
- Soul Axiom from Wales Interactive: Soul Axiom is a haunting cyber-thriller, combining elements of exploration and puzzle solving with a compelling storyline. In first-person, the player will explore more than 40 unique locations, using powers to interact with cryptic logic puzzles and making psychological decisions to unlock the secrets of your identity, your story, your mystery. The full game is scheduled to launch in December.
- Typoman from Headup Games and Brainseed Factory: Change Words, Change Worlds! Typoman is a two-dimensional puzzle platformer distinguished by a unique game world. Be the HERO and set out on the journey to become whole and gain the powers you need to defeat the giant evil demon that rules the world you are trapped in. The full game is scheduled to launch exclusively on Wii U in Q3.
For full details about Nindies@Home, visit the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
Remember that Wii U features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu.
About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U?? and Wii?? home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS?? and Nintendo DS?? families of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System??, Nintendo has sold more than 4.3 billion video games and more than 680 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, as well as the Game Boy??, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi?? and Nintendo DSi XL??, Super NES??, Nintendo 64??, Nintendo GameCube?? and Wii systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario??, Donkey Kong??, Metroid??, Zelda?? and Pokémon??. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo??s operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company??s website at http://www.nintendo.com.