2K and Firaxis Games announced that Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth will be getting an expansion, Rising Tide, set for release in fall of 2015. The expansion is currently in development for PC and will be ported to Mac and Linux by Aspyr also in the fall.
Rising Tide will add a number of features to the game (from the press release):
- Building floating settlements and accessing natural resources hidden beneath the seas of the alien planet, while alien beasts with unique abilities inhabit the water and challenge players in distinctive ways.
- Shaping the diplomatic landscape by upgrading traits, changing diplomatic relationships, and leveraging the benefits of your allies, all with political capital.
- Unlocking a dynamic set of Diplomatic Traits while activating different combinations in response to the changing world.
- Playing as one of four new factions, including the Al Falah, a group of nomad explorers descended from wealthy and resilient Middle Eastern states.
- Investing in multiple Affinities to unlock hybrid Affinity units and upgrades for the first time.
- Collecting and combining alien relics via a new Artifact System that unlocks powerful benefits.
- Exploring one of two new biomes, Primordial world, an untamed biome rife with volcanic activity and indicative of a chaotic landscape still forming in the new world.
Rising Tide will be priced at $29.99 and more info can be found on the official website.