Developer Grinding Gear Games has revealed the features for upcoming Path of Exile: The Awakening expansion, which most notably includes the game narrative's fourth act. A lot of the new features focus on improving the core gameplay experience as the expansion has been internally titled Path of Exile Version 2.0.0.
Path of Exile: The Awakening will be available in June for PC as well as a closed beta beginning on April 20.
- The Beast Awakens: Act Four continues Path of Exile's storyline. The time has finally come to venture into the center of corruption itself and drive a blade through its black heart.
- Explore Beyond Highgate: For the first time since launch, The Awakening introduces completely new areas, monsters and end-game maps to expand the world of Wraeclast.
- Defeat Legendary Bosses: Experience climactic boss encounters with characters from Wraeclast's past such as Voll, Daresso, Kaom and many more.
- Powerful New Skill Gems: With new classes of skills such as elemental Golems that fight by your side, warcries, and several new support gems, players are able to create new clever and intricate builds.
- Socketable Passive Tree: Collect and craft Jewels that can be socketed into the Passive Tree to drastically change the tree itself.
- Masses of New Gear: Find more than 70 new Unique Items and discover an entirely new set of equipment - the Maraketh Weapons.
- User Experience Improvements: We've made extensive user interface improvements, added more customization options and implemented many community-suggested changes.
- Complete Rebalance: We've reconsidered every core game system and rebalanced Path of Exile from the very first level. With these enhancements, both new and experienced players will enjoy The Awakening.