The next-gen versions of Grand Theft Auto V will arrive on November 18th for PS4, Xbox One and January 27th for PC and for those people who owned the previous gen copy and plan on returning to Los Santos, tons of new content will await you.
I'm not sure how one goes about confirming that you owned the first game though. I am wondering if you have to prove that you actually owned the first game or if you automatically get it by linking the next-gen game to your Rockstar Social Club account. Anyways, here is all of the new content that returning players will be receiving.
- New Events and Rewards - New events happening across the game world. The new events come with challenges which can unlock exclusive new vehicles like the Imponte Duke O Death and the Dodo seaplane.
- Murder Mystery - Play as Michael and follow a trail of cryptic clues to solve a murder mystery. Complete the mystery and you can unlock two Noir Style filters to be used in Story Mode gameplay and your on your Snapmatic photos.
- New Weapons - A high-powered, high-velocity Rail Gun and a brutal Hatchet melee weapon are available to use. These guns also have their own challenges at the Ammu-Nation shooting range.
- Wildlife Photography Challenge - The next-gen version of GTA V will include new species of animals and the Tourist Board needs help documenting them. Use Franklin to catalog all of the new animals and unlock the special Kraken Sub.
- Stock Car Races - Winning stock car races will allow you to earn unique custom Muscle Cars with tons of logos just like real stock car races.
- Monkey Mosaics - A street artist is tagging walls across town. Track down and photograph them all to earn new monkey outfits and a special Go Go Monkey Blista
- New Vehicles and More - Gain access to the Cheval Marshall monster truck and the Blimp. There will also be tons of surprise rewards for returning players to discover. As previously announced, all returning players will be able to pick up where they left on in GTA Online as their progess will carry over. Also, if you pre-order the game you will earn a free bonus of $1,000,000 in GTA money ($500,000 for story mode, $500,000 for GTA Online).