2K has re-vamped their MyPARK online multiplayer competitive street ball mode for the upcoming NBA 2K15. MyPARK debuted in last year's game, and appears to be ready to make large strides forward in the sophomore effort with new parks, affiliations, competition, rep system, squads and integration with the MyNBA 2K15 mobile app.
There have been changes to the way the you raise the attributes of your MyPLAYER with the new Attributes Upgrade feature focusing your development into a specialist. Gone are the days of going up against a team full of 99 rated Monstars. Also, matchups are now based on height rather than simply the join order. Games have been shortened to 15 points to decrease Got Next wait times. A score overlay and teammate grade meter always details the current score without having to switch camera angles and how you're playing without having to bring up the game menu. And with the mobile app, you can even send texts to players in your park that will pop up on-screen.
Some more detailed changes include:
- Affiliations: Pledge your loyalty to one of three affiliations and associated stats boost: The Old Town Flyers with Playmaker and Defender boosts, Rivet City Rough Riders with Athlete and Rebounder boosts, or the Sunset Beach Ballers with Outside and Inside Shooting boosts. Each has its own eight-court home park.
- MyPARK Rep: Become a park legend by earning MyPARK rep, which takes into account not only wins, but your teammate grade and opponents. As your rep increases, you will unlock various MyPARK-specific upgrades.
- The MyPARK Championship: From October 11 through the weekend preceding the NBA All-Star game, the MyPARK Championship will pit all three affiliations against one another in weekly rounds of competition with the winning affiliation getting a new home park.
- Jordan Rec Center: Instead of street ball, hit up the Jordan Rec Center for four full-sized courts and five-minute quarters of 5v5, NBA rules basketball. Games played here also count toward your MyPARK Rep and the MyPARK Championship.
- Squads: Send invites to anyone currently in your park to form a Squad. Once you have your team, use any designated Squad area located on each court. When that game is over you will all step onto the court together as a Squad.
NBA 2K15 releases for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC next Tuesday, October 7th. Pre order information can be found on the NBA 2K FaceBook page.