Developer Arkavi Studios and publisher Iceberg Interactive have announced that 4X strategy game Lords of the Black Sun is available now through Steam. Previously available through Steam Early Access, Lords of the Black Sun has transitioned to a full release with players being able to build and manage a space empire through both single-player and multiplayer. Players are able to build their own ships with various components, colonize new worlds, and explore the galaxy to name a few.
- Races: eight major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities, meaning playing with each race is a different challenge and offers new ways to approach the game.
- Ship Customization: Create and customize unique ship designs.
- Live Universe: Large and living universe in which independent races and pirate clans can claim the galaxy as their residence either as an annoyance, or a blessing, depending on how gamers take advantage of them.
- Politics and Economy: Deep economic and political elements are layered in with the player's ability to use diplomacy, intelligence and trade as powerful and effective tools to weaken one's enemy. And, of course, there is always war.
- Smart AI: Human-like AI that doesn't cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge.
- Generals: Unique and powerful units evolve as they battle and, if used well, can be the difference between victory and defeat.
- Infinite Universes: Randomly generated universes, tech trees, and units means players will never play the same game twice.
- Empires come and go: Unrest may lead rebels to start a civil war which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival one's own.
- Secret Plots: Players can secretly finance a war against their rivals in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with their allies in a bid to destroy a growing empire. Strategists should beware of spies and whistle-blowers, as their plots might be uncovered before they are put in action.
- Multiplayer: Hot seat and online multiplayer with matchmaking.
Read our own Tom Bitterman's thoughts about the game in his recent preview. Lords of the Black Sun is available now on Steam for PC with a 15% discounted price until September 19.