Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate was handed its new-gen launch date. The tactical action fight-a-hundred-lookalike-enemies combat game will be on PlayStation 3, PS4, and PS Vita on September 2. It'll also have an Xbox One port, making it an Xbox One launch title in Japan.
Do not adjust your calendar: Japan is indeed finally getting Xbox Ones (or is it "Xboxes One"?) on September 4, 2014.
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate will be a graphical-, lighting-, and content-updated version of the Wii U's November 2012 Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, which is an update of March 2012's Warriors Orochi 3 vanilla.
The Warriors Orochi series is a mashup of Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate specifically mashing up characters and abilities from Dynasty Warriors 7 and Samurai Warriors 3 Z. So, now you know.
TECMO KOEI AMERICA CONFIRMS LAUNCH DATE FOR WARRIOR OROCHI 3 ULTIMATE AND SPECIAL CROSSOVER PRE-ORDER INCENTIVES
Tactical Action Franchise Arrives onto Current Generation Consoles, Handheld and Returns to PlayStation 3 Brimming with New Content on September 2, 2014
BURLINGAME, Calif. — June 27, 2014 — TECMO KOEI America today announced that WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate will launch on September 2, 2014 for the PlayStation3 and PlayStation4 computer entertainment systems, PS Vita and Xbox One. The company also announced special crossover pre-order incentives with a Halloween costume set for Zhao Yun from DYNASTY WARRIORS, Mitsunari Ishidafrom SAMURAI WARRIORS, along with Kaguya exclusively at GameStop and TOUKIDEN collaboration costumes for Kaguya, Nuwa and Taigong Wang at Amazon and Best Buy.
Additionally, TECMO KOEI America confirmed that WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimatewill be part of their line-up at Anime Expo (July 3–6, 2014), along with Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland and the upcoming SAMURAI WARRIORS4 which will be playable to the public for the first time. An additional title will be announced prior to the expo. All cosplayers dressed in TECMO KOEI or Team NINJA characters are invited to stop by the booth for entry into a daily raffle. TECMO KOEI America will be located at booth 1521, 1523.
Fans will experience WARRIORS OROCHI 3 in a brand new light as they enter the fray with the implementation of new generation console features, new storylines and scenarios. There is enough new gameplay content and depth of replayability to satisfy warriors of all levels including special cross over characters such as Sophitia from the SOULCALIBUR series and battle stages from Atelier, DYNASTY WARRIORS, NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2 and SAMURAI WARRIORS.
New Features in WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate:
- One Warrior against a Thousand — Densely populated battlefields with up to 100 enemies on screen, each with progressive AI add to the exhilarating battle, amplified by new moves including Aerial Special attacks, Triple Rush (a system which allows the player the ability to switch between individual characters or unleash attacks as a party of 3) and True Musou Burst, the powerful finishing move executable by up to 6 characters
- New and Crossover characters — The legion of warriors is larger than ever with 145 playable characters including the introduction of Tamamo and Yinglong, just 2 of 9 that are new to the series, cameos include Xu Shu from the DYNASTY WARRIORS franchise and Kasumi from DEAD OR ALIVE 5 with more to be announced including the Atelier and SAMURAI WARRIORS series
- Captivating Lands and Stages — Lands and battlefields are dramatically rendered drawing from the dark, sinister imagery in the OROCHI series totaling 51 distinct stages with cross-over stages melding universes including Atelier, DYNASTY WARRIORS, NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2 and SAMURAI WARRIORS, furthermore, Musou Battlefields allow for customization including character models and battle cries
- The mythology of the OROCHI universe expands — A new main storyline brings the heroes together again after the death of the Demon Snake as they are called upon by a mysterious stone to return to the chaotic din of battle. Additionally, new side stories provide a multitude of new scenarios and uncover secrets, the story extends with the ability to battle from a different point of view or even "what if" hypothetical stages that exist in a parallel world
- Gameplay modes — Adding to both Online and Offline competition, new modes include Duel Mode, a fusion of team battles (up to 3 vs 3) and card battles, Craft Weapons function to alchemy even more powerful weapons, Officer Requesting and Summoning, Formation Skills and Dragon Portals that can be used to escape the battlefields, weaken enemies or recover party members Life Gauge
- Share experiences Online — PS4 system players will be able to capture screenshots and live stream, share and see live comments which can impact either players, games or co-op in Story mode, Free Mode and the new Gauntlet Mode
- Cross-Play and Cross Save functionality — Co-op, data sharing and saving, and save data is now possible between PS3 system, PS4 system and PS Vita system versions, including save data importing of the original WARRIORS OROCHI 3 on PlayStation 3
WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate is developed by Omega Force and published in North America by TECMO KOEI America. The PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions will be available exclusively through the PlayStation® Store for $49.99 (PS3) and $39.99 (PS Vita) respectively and the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be available for $59.99 on September 2, 2014. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB.