and developer Creative Assembly
have announced that upcoming strategy game Total War: Rome II
will launch globally on September 3 across all territories, which also includes both the physical and digital versions. Players that pre-order the game will receive launch day downloadable content, titled Greek States Culture Pack, that adds three additional playable factions to the game including Epirus, Athens, and Sparta. Each of the factions feature unique units, buildings, victory conditions, and even their own tech trees.
Also revealed alongside the release date includes an over-the-top Collector's Edition of the game that will be limited to a run of 22,000 numbered copies. The Collector's Edition contents are enclosed in a leather-effect presentation box that contains a gold logo and magnetic closure. The contents include:
- Numbered copy of Total War: Rome II - The most ambitious and expansive game in the Total War series to date, Rome II brings the statecraft, politics, intrigue, diplomacy and epic battles of the ancient world to life in thrilling detail. This version comes in a debossed Steelbook case, laser-etched with your unique collector’s number in Roman numerals.
- Tabula set - The Roman forerunner to Backgammon, this Tabula set comprises 30 bone-effect game pieces supplied in their own burlap drawstring bag; the board itself is built into the base of the Collector’s Edition box.
- Tesserae Dice - Three replica bone-effect dice for use in a variety of games. The design is based on original Roman Tesserae, found at the archaeological site of Herculaneum.
- Total War Cards: Punic Wars - Designed from the ground up to echo elements from Rome II, Total War Cards is a game of skill and luck for two players. Involving combat, territorial control, resource management and technological development, Punic Wars consists of 58 high-quality playing cards and a game-board printed with the Punic Wars tech-tree.
- Canvas Campaign Map - A reminder of the world you must conquer, this ribbon-tied canvas map depicts each of the 57 provinces of the Rome II campaign.
- Roman Onager - A complete, fully-functional Onager, or Roman siege catapult. This easy-to-assemble kit is constructed from weathered wood and steel, measures 26cm x 12cm x 12cm, and is capable of unleashing small projectiles at a variety of inanimate objects which may have affronted the glory of your empire.
The complete list of retailers selling the Collector's Edition can be found on the Total War: Rome II website
. Total War: Rome II
will be available on September 3 for Windows PC.