The rekindling of board and card games has been incredibly popular on all mobile devices and social networking. Adding to that list, thanks to the people at Gameloft and Mattel, is the popular card game Uno, with the expected title of Uno and Friends. Available for free now, across most mobile devices, players can immediately connect with other worldwide to compete in the classic card game that took poker faces and made them obsolete. The only upsetting thing is not being able to rub it in someone's face when you slap them with a Draw Four card.
GAMELOFT & MATTEL TEAM-UP TO LAUNCH ‘UNO™ & FRIENDS’
UNO™, the World’s Most Beloved Card Game Gets Social with its Worldwide Launch on Smartphones and Tablets
Paris – May 30, 2013
– It’s time for fans of UNO, the classic family card game, to rejoice! Gameloft, a leading global publisher of digital and social games, and Mattel, the world’s #1 toy company, are excited to announce the launch and availability of the highly anticipated UNO
™ & Friends
. Available for free on Android, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, UNO
™ & Friends
brings an entirely new social dimension to the classic, fast-paced, and competitive gameplay of UNO
™. With engaging multiplatform play, which promises fast fun for everyone, UNO & Friends is a game that can be played anywhere at any time.
Originally created in 1971, UNO™ has been a favorite card game amongst friends and families of all ages for the past 40+ years. Since 2008 UNO™ has become one of Gameloft’s most popular franchises with over 74 million downloads across various digital platforms. In this all-new edition, the revolution in playing UNO™ on a social platform has arrived as fans can now drop Wild Draw Fours and Reverse Cards on friends, family and UNO™ players the world over via smartphones and tablets. Invite and challenge up to 3 other players in real-time using your favorite social networks, and explore unprecedented customization for the most complete UNO™ experience on digital devices.
A complete list of features includes:
“As one of the world’s largest and most respected toy companies, Mattel is renowned for constantly raising the bar for family friendly games and entertainment,”
- Create games and invite your friends and family to play, or challenge millions of UNO™ fans worldwide!
- Customize your game with fun backgrounds, themed card deck designs & special effects!
- Utilize Boosts and Super Boosts to diversify your strategy to win!
- New weekly and all-time leaderboards let you see how you stack up against your friends and other UNO™ players!
- Challenge up to 3 other players in real time with online multiplayer matches over 3G or Wi-Fi!
- Compete against iOS & Android players, with a Facebook version coming soon!
- Connect via Facebook Connect & Game Center on iOS and Facebook Connect on Android!
said Gonzague de Vallois, Gameloft’s Senior Vice President of Publishing. “Now, with a strong franchise such as UNO and more than three generations of fans, Gameloft is thrilled to be able to partner with the company to bring a beloved pastime into the digital social space so that fans can now connect with one another from around the world via their social and mobile networks.”
UNO™ & Friends
is now available for download for free on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android phones and tablets, with a Facebook version coming soon.
For more information, please visit the Gameloft corporate site at www.gameloft.com
For more information about Gameloft and to play UNO & Friends, please visit booth 5522 in the West Hall from June 11 to 13 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Real Football®, Modern Combat, and N.O.V.A.: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®, and also partners with major rights holders including Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®.