Space Invaders Infinity Gene evolves with a new patch
7/14/2010 12:46:00 PM
If you're an iPhone/iPod owner, you can now download a new update for Space Invaders Infinity Gene. This patch has some fresh content in a side-scrolling mode and new playable ship. Coinciding with this update are three new content packs featuring Darius, Night Striker and Metal Black. Space Invaders Infinity Gene is still $4.99, while the content packs will run you $1.99 each. I've managed to resist the siren song of the cult of Jobs so far, so I think I'll stick with the excellent Space Invaders Extreme games on my DS.
SPACE INVADERS INFINITY GENE EVOLVES, RETURNING WITH FREE UPDATE
iPhone/iPod touch Hit Updated With Classic Ships
LOS ANGELES (July 13, 2010) – TAITO Corporation (TAITO®), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., today announced the release of a substantial update to its iPhone/iPod touch game SPACE INVADERS INFINITY GENE™. The free update adds a new playable ship and side-scrolling play mode. In addition to the free update, a series of paid content packs featuring additional playable ships and new stages based on DARIUS and other classic TAITO shooting games have also been made available.
SPACE INVADERS INFINITY GENE is a shooting game with evolution as its central theme. Released to the iPhone/iPod touch in July of 2009, the game was both a commercial success and the recipient of a great deal of critical acclaim, garnering awards both domestically and internationally.
In an effort to deliver even more fun to the fans, SPACE INVADERS INFINITY GENE has evolved even further, gaining a number of new features.
Side-Scrolling Shooter DNA Added to the Genetic Lineage! New ship available!
The free update to SPACE INVADERS INFINITY GENE includes the following features:
1.) Side-Scrolling Mode
Simply tilting the iPhone/iPod touch to the side instantly activates the side-scrolling shooting game mode, adding a fresh new way to enjoy the game.
2.) New Playable Ship
The free update includes a new playable ship, providing even longtime SPACE INVADERS INFINITY GENE veterans with ample reason to revisit the game. The original ship is unlocked through play via the Evolution Gauge.
Special Appearances by Classic TAITO Shooters, including Nostalgic Ships, Bosses, and Levels!
Coinciding with the update, TAITO has made three downloadable content packs available for purchase, each taking its theme from a classic shooting game. Packs are available featuring DARIUS, NIGHT STRIKER, and METAL BLACK, each containing a new playable ship, new stages, and background music all inspired by its namesake.
See below for further details regarding the downloadable content packs.
TAITO will continue to release high-quality applications that take full advantage of the iPhone and iPod touch’s individual characteristics.
SPACE INVADERS INFINITY GENE
* Genre: Game (Action / Arcade), Entertainment
* Region: Worldwide
* Price: US$4.99 / EUR3.99
* Device: iPhone / iPod touch (OS3.0 or higher)
* Copyright: (C)TAITO CORP.1978,2010
Download Content Pack Details
* Pack Contents: Themed packs are available featuring DARIUS, NIGHT STRIKER, and METAL BLACK. Each content pack includes a new playable ship, two stages featuring the appearance of a special boss enemy, two new original music tracks, and one remixed music track.
* Price: US$1.99 / EUR1.59 (Each pack sold separately.)
Purchasing any one of the packs grants the customer access to an original bonus ship in addition to the featured classic ship. As a special present, collecting all three of the content packs unlocks another famous ship from a classic TAITO shooting game.
1. DARIUS-Themed Pack
* Playable Ship: Silver Hawk
* Special Characteristics: The Silver Hawk is armed with missiles, lasers, bombs, and wave attacks and protected by the Arm energy shield.
* Game Background: Released as an arcade game in 1986, DARIUS is a side-scrolling shooting game noted for having three video screens and enemies patterned after aquatic creatures.
2. NIGHT STRIKER-Themed Pack
* Playable Ship: InterGray
* Special Characteristics: The InterGray is equipped with a powerful homing laser.
* Game Background: Released to arcades in 1989, NIGHT STRIKER featured simulated 3D graphics, urban scenery, and an exhilarating sense of speed.
3. METAL BLACK-Themed Pack
* Playable Ship: Black Fly
* Summary: The Black Fly comes armed with a beam weapon capable of canceling out enemy fire.
* Game Background: Released in 1991, METAL BLACK is a side-scrolling arcade shooting game noted for a novel mechanic in which enemy beams can be canceled out by a player’s own.
* iPhone/iPod touch Official Homepage - touch! play! TAITO: http://tap.taito.com/
* TAITO Official Homepage: http://www.taito.com/
* SPACE INVADERS INFINITY GENE Official Homepage: http://infinitygene.net/
* TAITO’s Official Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TAITO-Corporation/103193320847
* Follow TAITO on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TaitoCorp
About TAITO Corporation
TAITO Corporation (TAITO) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. With headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, TAITO operates core businesses such as game arcade operations, coin-operated game machines, and mobile phone content services. A seminal part of gaming history, TAITO caused a worldwide sensation with its arcade legend, SPACE INVADERS®, and developed such fan favorites as EXIT™ and ARKANOID®. Today, TAITO continues to thrill game lovers of all generations by offering both classic and new family-oriented titles on the latest gaming platforms. TAITO delivers a wide range of entertainment experiences with the goal of providing consumers with fresh surprises and new discoveries. More information on TAITO can be found on the Internet at http://www.taito.com/.