We all know about Rock Band's amazing catalog of downloadable content, but did you know that Harmonix also packages up those songs and releases them as retail Track Pack discs? It's true. So far they have released AC/DC Live, a classic rock pack and two discs with random rock songs. And did I mention that they have a whole disc of Beatles coming up (not to mention that Pearl Jam project that broke yesterday)? In other words, there are plenty of track packs available for those hard core gamers who lack the internet (or a way of buying songs online).
Today Harmonix announced yet another track pack, this time matching a bunch of songs for their Nashville-inspired Rock Band Country Track Pack
. This 21-song package will feature some of the biggest names in country music, including Alan Jackson, Dixie Chicks, Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Kenny Rogers, Shania Twain and Rascal Flatts. Best of all, this disc will feature songs that are currently unavailable in the Rock Band music store. The songs will eventually hit the music store, but when the disc ships in July some songs will be exclusives.
Unfortunately only some of the 21 tracks are brand new, the rest will be pulled from the current crop of country songs already on the Rock Band music store. So, if you already own the previously released tracks, then the new songs will run at a premium. However, if you have never downloaded a song in your life, then chances are this set will be a real bargin. The track pack hits retailers around the country on July 21 with a pricetag of $29.99. Below is the list of the first thirteen CONFIRMED songs for Rock Band Country Track Pack.
- Alan Jackson - "Good Times"
- Brooks & Dunn - "Hillbilly Deluxe"
- Dierks Bentley - "Free & Easy (Down the Road I Go)
- Dixie Chicks - "Six Wagon"
- Drive-By Truckers - "3 Dimes Down"
- Jason Aldean - "She's Country"
- Kenny Chesney - "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"
- Kenny Rogers - "The Gambler"
- Lucinda Williams - "Can't Let Go"
- Martina McBride - "This One's For the Girls"
- Rascal Flatts - "Me & My Gang"
- Shania Twain - "Any Many of Mine"
- Steve Earl - "Satellite Radio"