RAZER™ LAUNCHES GAMING KEYBOARD AND HEADSET AT WORLD CYBER GAMES 2007 GRAND FINAL
The Razer Lycosa™ and Razer Piranha™ excel in professional gaming situations where superior communications is key
Seattle, Washington – October 04, 2007 – Razer™, the world’s leading manufacturer of high-end precision gaming and lifestyle electronics peripherals, unveiled the Razer Lycosa™ and the Razer Piranha™, a gaming keyboard and communications headset, at the World Cyber Games (WCG) 2007 Grand Final in Seattle, Washington.
“This year is particularly sweet as we have been selected for three years as the official mouse of the WCG Finals, and are also 2007’s official keyboard and headset at the Grand Final. Additionally, we are proud to announce the Razer Lycosa Keyboard and the Razer Piranha Headset in Seattle. These are both expected to be instant classic Razer products offering PC gamers a distinct advantage in their game of choice,” said Robert “Razerguy” Krakoff, president of Razer.
The Razer Lycosa is designed for fast, efficient gameplay and superior actions-per-minute thanks to its 1000Hz Ultrapolling™/1ms response time. By offering illuminated, non-slip rubber keys and Hyperesponse™ technology; full control is in the gamers’ hands, empowering gamers to operate under any conditions and at professional gaming speed. Durable and ultra-portable, the Razer Lycosa is fit for the most heated LAN gaming sessions by offering immediately accessible USB, earphone and microphone jacks.
Each key on the Razer Lycosa is fully programmable to accept a myriad of complex gaming commands and button combinations. The TouchPanel™ ensures that gamers always have control over all functions of the chosen media player. With the ability to save up to 10 different profiles, gamers can customize thousands of keystrokes for their favorite Real Time Strategy, First Person Shooter, Massively Multiplayer Online or virtually any other genre defining game.
Razer Lycosa Technical Specifications
· Keytop with non-slip rubber finish
· Backlight illumination with WASD cluster lighting option
· Fully-programmable keys with macro capability
· Gaming cluster with anti-ghosting capability
· Slim keycap structure with Hyperesponse™ technology
· TouchPanel™ easy access media keys
· Gaming mode option for deactivation of the Windows key
· 10 customizable software profiles with on-the-fly switching
· 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ / 1ms response time
· Earphone-out and microphone-in jacks
· Detachable wrist rest
· One integrated USB extension port
· Approximate size:
469mm (length) x 168mm (width) x 15mm (height) – without wrist rest
469mm (length) x 221mm (width) x 15mm (height) – with wrist rest
The Razer Piranha delivers realistic in-game stereo audio with superior clarity and deep bass tones for discerning gamers requiring superior audio fidelity. Featuring plug-and-play functionality, the Razer Piranha also sports an adjustable noise-canceling microphone enabling gamers to communicate with teammates in the noisiest of gaming situations. The ergonomically designed and cushioned earphones also offer hours of comfort and functionality for extended gaming sessions.
With its in-line remote control, the volume on the Razer Piranha can be easily adjusted at a moment’s notice. A microphone mute button is also conveniently located on the remote, so gamers have the option to select which commands are sent out to those listening in. The Razer Piranha’s sleek design is further accented by the glowing Razer logos located on either side of the headset, ensuring that gamers are seen as well as heard at their next LAN party.
Razer Piranha Features:
· Stereo sound with true-to-life audio quality with superior clarity and bass
· Adjustable, noise-filtering microphone for clearer in-game communication
· Comfortable, ergonomic and adjustable earphones suitable for prolonged use
· In-line remote control with convenient volume and microphone muting adjustments
· Single-sided cable for hassle-free usage
· Durable braided fiber cable protection
· Compatible with VoIP communication applications like TeamSpeak, Ventrilo and Skype
· Compatible with most major operating systems
· Usable with CD, DVD and digital audio players (via 3.5mm minijack)
Freq. response: 18 – 22,000 Hz
Impedance: 32 Ohms
SPL (@ 1 kHz, 1 Vrms): 114 dB
Cable: 3.0 meters
Freq. response: 80 – 15,000 Hz
Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz, 1V/Pa): -38 dB
Impedance: Approximately 2 kOhms
Pick-up pattern: Uni-directional
As official sponsors of the WCG 2007 Grand Final in four categories, Razer will equip gamers with the Razer DeathAdder gaming mouse, the Razer Tarantula gaming keyboard and the Razer Barracuda HP-1 gaming headphones. To see the Razer Lycosa, the Razer Piranha and other Razer products at WCG Seattle, please visit the Razer booth, number 5.
The Razer Lycosa will retail globally in November 2007 at an MSRP of US$79.99. The Razer Piranha will be available in October 2007 at an MSRP of US$79.99. For more information, please visit www.razerzone.com.