New Settlers game announced for Spring ‘10
9/22/2009 10:02:00 PM
Ubisoft announced today the next of kin to The Settlers series, The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom
. Set in middle-Europe, early Renaissance, you lead your kingdom in a strategy-sim game for the PC.
Build and expand your kingdom village by village while mastering city systems like science, trade, and the military. Where you choose to evolve your city the most will generate different gameplay with various unique possibilities. You can play against other gamers with the online multiplayer option, or co-op online. The game is also using a new graphic engine to give gamers some prettier images to work with while they conquer lands and develop their kingdom. Improved AI will be another new feature to look out for in this new line of the series. As the game is said to release Spring 2010, we’ll have to go off the trailer below until then.
SAN FRANCISCO – September 22, 2009 – Today Ubisoft announced the development of The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom, the next iteration in the popular multi-million selling strategy game franchise for PC. Scheduled for release in spring 2010, The Settlers 7: Paths to a KingdomTM gives gamers the opportunity to choose the best way to lead their kingdom to victory, in a rich environment set in middle-Europe during the early Renaissance.
"The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom brings The Settlers franchise to the next level of the strategy-sim genre, employing the core mechanisms that made the series a success while continuing to innovate in new areas that will give gamers the ability to craft their own unique, thrilling experience,” said Adam Novickas, director of marketing for Ubisoft.
Developed by the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio located in Düsseldorf, Germany, The Settlers 7: Paths to a KingdomTM brings a fresh, innovative design to the franchise, while reintroducing the strong game mechanics and deep gameplay that are hallmarks of the highly acclaimed Settlers series. Players will easily become engaged in an exciting campaign, skirmish maps or multi-player challenges in a world of lush forests, open meadows, fast flowing rivers, and high mountains.
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom main features:
• Rich gameplay mechanics: The deep building and production systems allow gamers to expand their kingdom village by village, sector by sector, optimizing their creation by fine-tuning production chains and transport systems.
• Variety of gameplay: Gamers will be able to choose the best path to lead their kingdom to victory around three main pillars:
- Military: by building strong armies and defeating opponents with shear military power.
- Science: by increasing their influence in the monasteries, gamers will be able to have access to the most beneficial technologies.
- Trade: by occupying the best trade routes to become the wealthiest player on the map.
Depending on each style of play, gamers will be able to unlock a variation of new and unique possibilities, changing the way they build their own kingdom.
• All-new victory system: New victory point system brings more tension and competition to the game. Victory points are awarded in many different ways depending on the choices gamers make throughout the evolution of their kingdom.
• Online Multiplayer: gamers will be able to play online and face opponents in classic adversarial and co-op teamplay modes. Online features include user-generated and downloadable content, in-game feeds, and various leaderboards.
• A new graphic engine and improved AI: A brand-new graphic engine will let gamers experience the beauty of their kingdom in a never-seen-before level of detail and more than a dozen AI profiles, each with unique behaviors, will add enhanced variety to the game like never before.