SQUARE ENIX TO LAUNCH REVOLUTIONARY MODERN ACTION-RPG ON NINTENDO DS™
THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU to Hit Store Shelves on April 22, 2008
LOS ANGELES (February 14, 2008) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix™ interactive entertainment products in North America, revealed today that it will launch its highly anticipated new action-RPG, THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU™, on April 22, 2008. Coming exclusively to the Nintendo DS, the creators of FINAL FANTASY® and KINGDOM HEARTS bring a vibrant and stylish world to a new generation of gamers.
Featuring an intuitive combat system, THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is an immersive and innovative adventure set in modern-day Tokyo. The award-winning development team of Square Enix and Jupiter brings its unique vision of the streets of Shibuya, the city’s trendiest youth culture center. Originally released in Japan as Subarashiki Kono Sekai™, the game takes major influences from Japan’s latest cultural trends including music, fashion, food and design.
John Yamamoto, president and CEO of Square Enix, Inc., stated that, “THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is a cutting-edge, fast-paced adventure that takes full advantage of Nintendo DS functionality. Square Enix is excited to bring an RPG set in modern times and real-life locations to gamers of all ages and abilities.”
The story begins as Neku Sakuraba, an unsociable 15-year-old boy, unexpectedly wakes up in the Shibuya shopping district of Tokyo, Japan. While trying to piece together his rude awakening, he receives a strange text message warning him that he will cease to exist unless he accomplishes a certain mission. Although he barely has time to grasp what is happening to him, he commences his assigned task in the
mysterious streets of Shibuya.
· Distinctive modern art style created by a team of artists led by Tetsuya Nomura, world-renowned character designer of the upcoming FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS™ project which includes FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII™
· Innovative Stride-Cross Battle System allows players to control two characters simultaneously, unleashing special attacks with the stylus
· Collect a vast array of custom-designed pins, each with a powerful psychic ability that can be activated with the right touch or sound command
· Customize characters with Shibuya’s coolest fashions and exchange items with other players via Mingle Mode
· Experience an amazing soundtrack combining a fusion of musical influences from hip-hop to rock to electronica
· Battle with up to three friends in Tin Pin Slammer, an exciting and fast-paced mini-game, via local wireless connection
THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.com for more information about ratings. THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $39.99 (USD).