Yesterday, we announced the 17th expansion to date of EverQuest
. Today, SOE brings us news of an addition to the sequel of the MMORPG, EverQuest II: Destiny of Velious
. The addition is a compilation pack that includes seven expansions and three adventure packs.
Destiny of Velious
follows in line with the latest expansion, Sentintel’s Fate
, and sets players on the task of saving Norrath by restoring the Swords of Destiny. Along the journey, adventurers will come across labyrinth-like dungeons rife with Velious tundra, Rallos Zek (the God of War) and various other creatures.
New features in this upcoming pack include flying mounts (also known as the best kind of mount), new weapons/items, over 300 quests, ten new instances, and a slew of other quests, dungeons, zones, battlegrounds, enemies, etc. The pack will release on February 11, 2011. Read on for details, and check the trailer below.
The latest addition to the monumental MMORPG franchise, EverQuest® II Destiny of Velious™ presents an unmatched all-in-one compilation pack loaded with the groundbreaking EQII base game, seven thrilling expansions and three exciting adventure packs. New and veteran players are transported to the legendary Great Wastes of Velious, where towering dungeons, dangerous beasts and epic storylines provide the ultimate MMO experience. EverQuest II Destiny of Velious launches its adventures into the sky delivering impressive new features and gameplay, including flying mounts.
EverQuest II Destiny of Velious Storyline
Following the events of Sentinel's Fate™, the twin Swords of Destiny, Soulfire and the Qeynos Claymore, have been drained of their powers, setting the stage for the destruction of the EverQuest universe. The prophecy known as Age's End begins to unfold in the legendary continent of Velious and it is here where the war for Norrath will arise. For there to be any chance to save Norrath, the Swords of Destiny must be restored. Norrath’s guardians who undertake this burden will be tested by labyrinthine dungeons, the harsh Velious tundra and powerful creatures including the God of War himself, Rallos Zek. To succeed would mean ultimate glory. To fail would mean annihilation
New Expansion Features and Additions:
• Flying Mounts – Soar high above Norrath and explore EQII like never before
• Hundreds of new weapons and items – Customize your character and in-game home in thousands of ways
• Over 300 new quests – Follow the EQII storyline through the fabled lands of Velious
• Ten instanced dungeons – Crawl your way through 10 dangerous dungeons
• Four new Heritage Quests – Live the legacy of the EverQuest franchise and gain memorable rewards
• One massive contested dungeon – Good or evil, be the first to conquer the all-new contested dungeon
• Two overland zones – Journey into incredible unknown lands
• Six Raid Instances – Group up with 12-24 man raids for desirable loot
• Velious-themed Battlegrounds – Get your PvP on in the snow
• A new Signature Quest line – Immerse yourself in EQII lore and get the goods
• Over 30 new creatures – Battle dangerous and fantastical enemies
• Dozens of new armor sets – Gear up in powerful armor sets
The scheduled release date for EverQuest II Destiny of Velious is February 11, 2011