With Dead Space
coming out next week, we thought it might be a good idea to provide you with some ways to help you get ready for one of the most anticipated shooters of the year. Feel free to add any we missed in the comments.
- Watch Event Horizon and Alien: Want to get some look into the the inspiration behind the game? Check out these two sci-fi movies for some insight into where the inspiration of the game came from
- Check your surround sound setup: Dead Space relies heavily on sound so you'll want to make sure that you're audio setup is primed.
- Follow IsaacClarke on Twitter: The twitter account for the game is chock full of the history behind the game as well as other info about the game and the developers
- Wean yourself off headshots: The core mechanic of Dead Space is Strategic Dismemberment. Head shots aren't the guaranteed one shot one kill that you get in other games and in some cases you're just going to piss the creatures off.
- Stock up on Mountain Dew and snacks: OK, this is a must for any game but you're not going to want to leave once you start playing the game
- Do your laundry: Because the Mountain Dew and snacks might be making a quick egress out during the scarier parts of the game and you should always wear clean underwear
- Read the online comics: EA has put out a bunch of cool animated comics that serve as a prequel to the game. They are worth reading to get the back story on the game and get some insight into what you'll be fighting.
- Listen to our E3 Interview: OK, this is a bit of a gratuitous plug but it's worth checking out as we got a lot of good info about the game. Once you're done with that be sure to check out the rest of our coverage of the game.