Braid finally coming to PSN
11/4/2009 11:24:00 AM
It looks like the long wait to play Braid on the PS3 is nearly over as Hot Head games announced today that their port of the game will be available on PSN on November 12th in the US with a European release date following soon after that. It doesn't look like the game is getting any added features but honestly the game doesn't need it as it's one of the best indie games to hit the market in years.
BRAID WINDING ITS WAY TO PLAYSTATION®NETWORK SOON
Hothead Games Bringing Beloved Indie Game to New Platform
VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Nov. 4, 2009 – PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system owners, the wait is almost over! Soon you too can run, jump and bend time, as Hothead Games announced today that it will be digitally delivering Jonathan Blow’s Braid to the PlayStation®Network in North America on Nov. 12 with a European version to be announced shortly thereafter.
Explore the human condition and manipulate time as our hero Tim leaps onto the PlayStation®Network in the lush, painterly world of Braid, a puzzle-platformer that takes you from a house in the city on a journey through a series of worlds to solve puzzles and rescue the princess. In each world, you have a different power to affect the way time behaves, including the ability to rewind, create parallel realities and utilize time dilation to overcome the many obstacles in your path. There is no filler in this game; every puzzle shows you something new and interesting about the game world.
* Untraditional platforming. You can never die and never lose, but challenge is always present and focused on solving puzzles, rather than forcing you to play and replay tricky jumps.
* Puzzle-rich environment. Travel through a series of worlds, searching for puzzle pieces and solving puzzles by manipulating time: rewinding, creating parallel universes and setting up pockets of dilated time. The game play is always fresh and new and the puzzles inspire new ways of thinking.
* Aesthetic design. A painterly art style and lush, organic soundtrack complement the unique game play.
* Nonlinear story. A nonlinear fiction links the various worlds and provides real-world metaphors for your time manipulations; act out these themes at your own pace, exploring playful “what if” universes.
* Forgiving game play. The game doesn’t force you to solve puzzles in order to proceed. If you can’t figure something out, just play onward and return to that puzzle later.
Braid has been rated “E 10+” for Everyone 10 and older by the Entertainment Software Rating Board for all platforms.
About Hothead Games: Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Hothead Games is an independent developer and publisher of groundbreaking titles. Hothead is currently partnering with indie studios all over the globe to bring their games to new audiences and bringing to life original properties such as Ron Gilbert's DeathSpank and the highly anticipated, award-winning Swarm. Hothead celebrates its third anniversary in 2009. For more corporate and product information, please visit our website at www.hotheadgames.com.