I have held off on purchasing the HP 311 netbook as my weapon of choice to cover CES but it looks like my procrastination might have paid off. Check out this just announced Asus Eee PC 1201N
. This sucker features a dual core Intel Atom processor running at 1.6GHz with up to 3GB of ram and a 12.1" screen.
Powered by the NVIDIA ION graphics components, this puppy can output HD video and with the new Flash release, you can watch HD online videos without seeing the stutter on other netbooks. Up to 320GB of hard drive space and 6-cell battery that should last around 5 hours will give you enough space and time to do all your work on the go.
The netbook should be out in mid-December for around $500, which is cheaper than the HP i spec'ed out with less features and a smaller screen. I'm hoping it will be released in time for me to order and be here before CES rolls around. Or, Asus if you're out there, just have one ready for me to pick up at your booth.
- 12.1-inch LED-backlit WXGA screen (1366 x 768)
- Genuine Windows 7
- Intel Atom 330 Dual Core processor
- NVIDIA ION Graphics
- DDR2 SO-DIMM 2GB/3GB
- 250GB HDD/320GB + 500GB* ASUS WebStorage
- 802.11b/g/n @2.4GHz, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 1.3M Pixel Webcam (with digital zoom function)
- Hi-Definition Audio CODEC
- Stereo Speakers
- VGA Port (D-sub 15-pin for external monitor), HDMI out, three USB 2.0, LAN RJ-45 port, 2 x Audio Jack (Head Phone / Mic-in), Card Reader: MMC/ SD(SDHC)