Xenome: Episode 1 updated and cheaper
8/9/2010 8:07:00 PM
Xenome Episode 1 Updated: 2nd Gen iPhone and iPod touch Users Emerge From Cryostasis
New York, New York --- August 9th, 2010 --- Nine Pound Studios has announced an update to their critically acclaimed open world RPG, Xenome: Episode 1. The game now supports 2nd generation iPhone and iPod touch devices, has refined in-game textures, and includes full compatibility with iOS4 multitasking features. In order to encourage everyone with a compatible device to purchase the game, Xenome will be on sale for $4.99 until August 16th. Xenome will have players fighting for survival as they unravel the mystery of their own identity within the 5 square miles of seamless post-apocalyptic wasteland.
“It’s been no small feat optimizing our truly open-world 3D environment to support older devices, but we’re dedicated to making sure everyone can enjoy Xenome” says Steve Tanner, Executive Producer of Nine Pound Studios. “We’re excited by all the tremendous feedback we’ve received and we’ve also updated the controls, improved all the in-game textures, added view distance settings and fixed a few stability issues on the 3GS. Swipe controls and new missions are coming soon!”
Set in a future where genetic manipulation is key to survival, mangled strands of “XNA” (Xeno Nucleic Acid) have given rise to the bizarrely mutated inhabitants of the Xenome world. As players progress through the feature-rich environment that's both beautiful and deadly, they gather creatures’ genetic material to splice their XNA and take on special abilities.
In Episode 1, players are thrown into this fully immersive RPG as “The Scientist” who has just emerged from 250 years of cryostasis at the center of the Silica Flats. Reactivated during the advent of the Union-Prime war, players are able to complete more than 60 missions, choose from over 500 items, and learn powerful abilities as both factions vie for their allegiance.
• All devices now supported except for the 1st gen iPhone and original 8gig iPod Touch.
• Improved all textures.
• Added controls to adjust view distance and background sound.
• Improved Multitasking support for iOS4.
• Enormous game world – over 5 square miles of territory to be explored,
teeming with mutated creatures and other dangerous aberrations of nature.
• Gain experience and wealth while performing missions and killing monsters.
• Customizable skills, XNA abilities, stats and over 500 items that best suit your play style.
• 12 hours of engaging storyline.
• Loaded with secrets for the adventurous and enough creatures, missions and areas to keep users playing long after the main plot has unfolded.
Xenome is currently available for a reduced price of $4.99 in the iTunes App Store on iPhone, iPod Touch, or at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xenome-episode-1/id380298587?mt=8
On August 16th the price will go back up to $7.99