Tired of the same old town? The Sims 3 create-a-world tool is now in beta
12/17/2009 2:49:00 AM
My girlfriend is big on the Sims series. So when I tried to explain what a create a world tool would mean for The Sims 3
I was surprised she wasn't as excited as I am. I've always loved terrain editors, especially the ones that let you warp and model the ground like modeling clay, but from the screen shots I've seen so far this could be my new favorite. The Sims 3 Create a World Tool
is now in beta testing and available for download
. The new tool will allow users to build entire worlds
for their sims to inhabit and explore. Owners of World Adventures
will even be able to use the content in the expansion; mixing and matching objects from the original and the new release on one world. Finally, the cherry on the top of this scrumptious time consuming sundae is that users can share their created worlds with The Sims 3
Exchange. Scoop me up some. I'm grabbing my spoon.
EA RELEASES THE SIMS 3 CREATE A WORLD TOOL – BETA, MAKING PLAYERS THE GAME DESIGNERS
AND PUTTING THE POWER OF WORLD CREATING INTO THEIR HANDS
Robust Tool Available as Free Download Today Plus New Game Update for The Sims 3 Introducing Shop Mode Available Now
EA’s The Sims Studio is putting the power of world creation directly into The Sims 3 players’ hands! Available today as a free download on www.TheSims3.com
, The Sims™ 3 Create a World Tool – BETA allows players to create and share unique new worlds that they design. Registered The Sims 3 players will be able to step into the shoes of The Sims 3 development team by using the same robust world-building tools the team uses to create worlds and towns for The Sims 3. This massive, creative tool allows players to design and build entire worlds for their Sims or begin their creations with pre-made Sunset Valley or Riverview terrains. Once players are satisfied with their brand new world, they can then share their creations online through The Sims 3 Exchange. The tool allows for endless creative possibilities and countless new stories to be told using a brand new world, designed by the players, as the canvas!
· Design Entire Worlds – Players can choose terrain patterns, vegetation and neighborhood accents like water towers and lighthouses, then place lots and roads to create something totally unique.
· Players Choice – Players can start with a blank canvas, or modify the terrains that formed the basis of Sunset Valley or Riverview.
· For Advanced Designers – Those with design skills can bring creativity to life by creating and importing designs from Photoshop and other programs into their world.
· Trees Galore! – Combine objects and items from The Sims 3 World Adventures expansion pack or items from The Sims 3 Store to create a one of a kind landscape.
· Share with the World – Created worlds can be shared and downloaded through The Sims 3 Exchange. Sims players will now have additional worlds to choose from beyond the extra town of Riverview, which has been downloaded 2MM times.
The Sims 3 Create a World Tool – BETA is a robust tool for avid Sims players that want to expand their gameplay experience and create an entire world. Players can build anything from mesas, mountains, and waterfalls to their favorite The Sims 2 neighborhood, their own home town, or even the Moon! A walk-through guide is located here
to help players get started creating their own worlds. Now The Sims 3 players can be game designers and take their creativity to a whole new level.
Also available for download today on www.TheSims3.com
, players can update their copy of The Sims 3 and for the first time ever, shop from The Sims 3 Store right inside their game with Shop Mode. As items are purchased, they will be added to the player’s catalog, while the game is running. Players can browse the full The Sims 3 Store catalog directly from their game and purchase exclusive furniture, décor, hair, and clothing – without ever closing the game. The Game Update will also provide further updates to The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 World Adventures such as an uninstaller for the Mac, some support for recovering saved games and much more.