If you were around back in the days of the NES, you might remember one of the first fishing games on a home console, Black Bass, and it's sequel, Blue Marlin. Thanks to Rising Star Games, "the series that started it all" is making a comeback on the Nintendo 3DS with Super Black Bass 3D
Releasing on April 2nd, 2013, Super Black Bass 3D
will pack some new features and game modes designed exclusively for the 3DS, such as making use of the motion sensor and gyroscope features. You can search for more than thirty types of fish, feel the impact with the new "Real Rod System", compete in tournaments, upgrade your gear, and more. Now that I think of it though, if you really do have to move your 3DS like you're casting a fishing line, I wonder how many people will accidentally launch their 3DS across the room.
Rising Star Games Invites You to Reel in a Legend with
Super Black Bass 3D
The Series That Started it All is Coming to the Nintendo 3DS™ This April
LOS ANGELES, CA - February 20, 2013 - Rising Star Games Inc, a leading publisher of interactive entertainment today announced that Super Black Bass 3D, part of the world's longest running fishing game franchise, is scheduled for release on the Nintendo 3DS™ system April 2nd, 2013 across North America.
With 16 releases across 7 different platforms, the legendary fishing series makes its return with Super Black Bass 3D for the Nintendo 3DS, and packs a host of exciting new features and gameplay modes in its tackle box that are designed exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS.
Making full use of the 3DS motion sensor and gyroscope feature, cast your lure using Super Black Bass 3D's "Real Rod System." Feel the impact as it hits the water surface and wait in anticipation of the catch. Go in search of more than 30 types of fish through various environments and weather conditions as you experience fishing in vivid 3D and challenge other anglers for the top spot on the world-ranking leaderboards.
Super Black Bass 3D Key Features
- Catch fish with Super Black Bass 3D's "Real Rod System" featuring realistic movement controls
- Using the motion sensor and gyroscope features of the 3DS to cast your line
- Swing the 3DS to cast your line and then tug it towards you to reel in the fish
- Multiple Game Modes:
- Tournament - compete in fishing tournaments to test your skills
- Free mode - fish at your leisure using the settings you like
- Hundreds of fish to catch across various competitive locations
- Changing conditions that affect your fishing: changing seasons, weather conditions, and time of day
- Upgradeable fishing gear: sell your catches to buy new fishing gear that will improve your skills and catch bigger fish
- Domestic / International rankings - Give yourself a Master of SBB alias and challenge fellow anglers from around the world:
- Bass - who has caught the biggest bass
- Other fish - who has caught the biggest non-bass
- Tournament - who has the best results
- Your pond - who has the biggest fish in their pond
- Fish prints - which fish prints have you acquired
- Closest experience to real fishing on the Nintendo 3DS
- Longest running videogame fishing franchise