Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 focuses online.
2/20/2013 10:34:00 PM
The Tiger Woods franchise has really exploded in the last few years, especially with finally adding in The Masters major championship that features Augusta National in Georgia. So, what exactly is left for the franchise to work on? According to EA Sports, there is plenty that can still be improved upon. Taking the focus of online and social networking, the familiar Country Club membership that gamers saw last year will now be revamped, with the membership number increasing as well as loyalty bonuses and a tour. Of course, there is more to it than just focusing on online gameplay, but with launch day rapidly approaching at the end of March, one can bet that players want as much information as possible before the game drops on March 26.
ONLINE INNOVATION DRIVES CONNECTED AND SOCIAL EXPERIENCES IN TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14
February 20, 2013 – Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 continues to innovate with deeper online connected experiences with the fan-favorite Country Clubs feature. From an increase in the number of Country Club members available in each club to all new presentation statistics, playing online with or against members or other Country Clubs is the ultimate competitive experience.
- Country Club membership has increased its numbers from 25 to now up to 100 members.
- A new Country Club Loyalty Bonus feature was added to Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. The more Country Club members that play consecutive days in a row the bigger the reward. Each day a streak average is calculated for each Country Club based on the amount of members (minimum of five members) in the club and each individual member’s login streak. There is a coin payout based on Streak Average length, so club members must work together in order to claim the best coin rewards.
- Country Club Tour was created to allow players of like skill and rank to be matched up against other Country Clubs. Based on weekly Country Club ranks, players will be eligible to participate in one of five different events each week. Monthly and overall rankings are tracked and each month an overall individual player champion and Country Club champion is crowned.
- Players will now see Country Club statistics streamed directly into the game. While playing a round of golf when connected online, banners will populate in between holes updating players about their Country Club. Information about individual weekly and lifetime statistics earned for the Club, comparisons versus Club members and rankings versus other Country Clubs will now all be surfaced to gamers.
- Every Connected Tournament is now a Club Tournament featuring Club versus Club leaderboards. Gamers will not only be competing individually to win a live tournament, but now every tournament will also crown a Country Club champion.
- The all new Club Chat feature will allow Club members to chat together from anywhere in the game. Fans can now speak with fellow Club members no matter where they are located in the game. Tournament chats have also been added so players can join a chat with other gamers playing in the same Connected Tournament – presenting a great way to meet new friends and increase Country Club membership.
- In customized Club tournaments, fans will now be able to see up to 24 ball arcs when playing in the tournament giving users the sense of being on the course with a host of other players. Also, gamers do not have to sit in a lobby and wait until everyone is ready to begin play – just load into the tournament and start swinging away. An all new spectator mode was added where players are placed into a spectator mode after completing each hole and can watch other golfer arcs play through or move onto the next hole at any point. While in spectator mode, players will have the ability to toggle across a variety of different camera angles on the hole.
The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR
franchise is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon. For more information and exclusive updates regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR
, become a fan of the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Facebook page
at or follow on Twitter at @EASPORTSGOLF
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, includingMadden NFL
football, FIFA Soccer
® hockey, NBA LIVE
basketball, NCAA® Football
, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR
® golf, SSX
™ and Fight Night