Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together gets a US release date
11/22/2010 7:32:00 PM
Everything old is new again. Whether it's plaid flannel, hipsters drinking PBR, the 80's fashion on sale at a couture price at American Apparel, retro is in. The newest gaming addition to the trend is Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. The remake of this 90's game will be coming to PSN on Feb 15, 2011. An all-new score, updated graphics, additional characters and the like will re-energize what was a pretty good game back in the day.
TACTICS OGRE: LET US CLING TOGETHER ARRIVES ON PSP SYSTEM FEBRUARY 15, 2011
Complete Remake of the Classic Strategy RPG: Significant New Content, Updated Graphics, New Characters, Improved Gameplay and Redesigned Interface
Square Enix Details Collectible Tactics Ogre Tarot Card Deck Preorder Incentive
LOS ANGELES (Nov. 19, 2010) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in North America, today announced the February 15, 2011 North American release date of its highly anticipated strategy RPG, Tactics Ogre™: Let Us Cling Together™ for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) System. Square Enix also revealed the special bonus available to fans who preorder Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together from GameStop, EB Games Canada, Amazon.com or Amazon.ca: a beautiful Tactics Ogre Tarot Card Deck featuring unique illustrations by celebrated artist Akihiko Yoshida.
After more than a decade, the critically acclaimed Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together will be reborn with significant new content, including an entirely updated storyline featuring new characters, dramatic choices, engaging plots and pitched battles. The remake also features innovative changes to the battle system, character development, and even the combat interface, which all serve to update its classic strategic gameplay, making battles more intuitive and, most importantly, fun.
What continues to distinguish Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together from Final Fantasy Tactics® titles is a significantly more complex and dramatic storyline, which is greatly impacted by the choices players make during their adventures. Allow a town to be slaughtered or side with a particular knight on the battlefield and the player may gain new allies, sow new enemies and even push the story in entirely new directions.
In order to provide players with an opportunity to experience the multitude of branching pathways and a variety of endings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together will also introduce the Chariot Tarot and World Tarot systems, which allow players to rewind both key battles and return to critical plot points in an effort to change their fate.
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together remains one of most beloved strategy RPG titles of all time and is being developed by the same team who created the original title nearly two decades ago, including Hiroshi Minagawa (Director), Akihiko Yoshida (Character Designer), Yasumi Matsuno (Game Designer), Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata (Composers).
Sing to me of a time long past.
A time when men answered to power alone.
Ruled by steel.
Steeped in darkness.
Sing of an age called Xytegenia.
• From the creators of FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, VAGRANT STORY and FINAL FANTASY XII. The original TACTICS OGRE development team reform to revitalize their iconic title.
• Strategic, turn-based battles are brought to life with stunning graphics, sound effects and animation.
• New 3D maps enhance the concept of height and the improved battle engine offers more compelling and realistic battles than ever before.
• Uncover the truth in a gripping tale of intrigue, betrayal and heroism.
• Near-endless customization and hundreds of abilities to choose from.
• New characters not included in the original game.
• New skills add to the range of play beyond magic and special abilities.
• New graphics, music, gameplay and much more make this the definitive version of TACTICS OGRE.
• New and improved visuals create a TACTICS OGRE experience with more detail than ever before.
• Re-arranged soundtrack from the original composers including 15 new compositions.