Collector's Edition details have emerged for Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
, a contender for 2008's action-RPG of the year (which is presumptuous, sure, but it's not like Space Siege
or Too Human
floated enough boats). Sacred 2
's PC special edition has:
- Unique packaging
- An extra DVD containing the "Elite Texture Pack," a set of ultra-high resolution textures for powerhouse computers
- A code to unlock the Carrier Imp (see video below)
- A four-song sampler and audio interview with fantasy-metal group/Sacred 2 theme song artists Blind Guardian
- Poster-sized map of Ancaria
- An electronic version of the "Art and Vision" booklet
cdv USA Unveils Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Collector's Edition for PC
Cary, NC, November 10, 2008 - cdv Software Entertainment today announced a limited collector's edition for the upcoming Action RPG - Sacred 2: Fallen Angel. The PC collector's edition is available for pre-order exclusively through Amazon.com for U.S. consumers.The collector's edition will be available in Canada through Amazon.ca, Future Shop and EB Games Canada.
This special edition of the North America retail version of the game will showcase unique packaging, and the following additional items:
- An extra DVD containing the "Elite Texture Pack," a set of ultra-high resolution textures for users of high-end computer
- A code to unlock the Carrier Imp, a special "pet" that transports the player's treasure and additional inventory to its owner whenever summoned. A video of the Carrier Imp in action is available at the link below.
- A four-song music sampler from Nuclear Blast records, whose artist, Blind Guardian, is showcased in the game's soundtrack, and an exclusive audio interview with the band and the game's developer, discussing their collaboration to feature the band in-game.
- A printed map of the world of Ancaria that doubles as poster
For more information about Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, please visit http://www.sacred2.com or http://www.cdvus.com.
- An electronic version of the Sacred 2 "Art and Vision" booklet
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is an Action RPG with a rich story that takes place in a giant, open-ended and seamless world. This world contains hundreds of dungeons, treacherous opponents and a variety of challenging quests. Intelligent enemies, steadily adapting in number and difficulty based on player progress, challenge in heroic single- and multiplayer battles.
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel provides numerous unique items that can be gathered in this mystical world. A deep reward system further enables advancements in character, individual attributes and character-specific fighting styles, each designed to keep players returning to the world of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel to discover what is around the next bend. Drop-in styled cooperative multiplayer gameplay for up to 16 gamers ensures players will enjoy the game alone or seamlessly with friends at any time. Five unique multiplayer modes round out the experience and offer a refreshing, first-class gaming experience in Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.
About cdv Software Entertainment USA
cdv Software Entertainment USA, a wholly owned subsidiary of cdv Software Entertainment AG, is a leading publisher of third-party video games and interactive entertainment with offices in New Jersey and headquarters in Cary, North Carolina. cdv Software Entertainment USA has published critically acclaimed and commercially successful titles including Divine Divinity, Blitzkrieg, American Conquest, Codename: Panzers, City Life, DarkStar One, War Front: Turning Point and the acclaimed Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened. The company will continue to expand its offerings with upcoming titles including the highly anticipated Sacred 2: Fallen Angel. For more information, please visit http://www.cdvus.com.
About Ascaron Entertainment, GmbH
Ascaron Entertainment Entertainment GmbH is one of the pioneers in the development of computer games. It is also one of the leading developers of computer games in Germany and has been prominent in the sales charts for more than a decade with titles such as Patrician, ANSTOSS, Vermeer, Port Royale, DarkStar One and the original SACRED. Ascaron Entertainment is headquartered in Gütersloh, Germany, and maintains an office in Potsdam, a development studio in Aachen, Germany, as well as an international department in Birmingham (UK). Currently, Ascaron Entertainment markets its products in more than 34 countries