Variety is the spice of life and there is plenty of variety hitting stores this week. We might have a couple of slow weeks recently, the pedal is hitting the metal this week. New games and even a new console for those who love the Android OS, surely even the most jaded gamer can find something to love in this week’s list of releases.
My personal picks?
- Deadpool: The Merc with a mouth is finally here thanks to High Moon Studios. Marvel’s psychotic anti-hero is finally getting his own game, aptly titled Deadpool. The short glimpses that we have seen of the game so far make it seem like something in the same vein as Devil May Cry, which suits his personality perfectly. I have nothing but faith in High Moon after seeing how they have handled the Transformers license and think that this could be a surprise hit.
- Muramasa Rebirth: Arguably my favorite game from the Nintendo Wii is getting a fresh coat of paint and ported to Sony’s portable Vita this week. Our own Matt reviewed the original release and considered it one of the best titles available on the defunct platform. This updated version featured enhanced, HD graphics, new controls schemes, and full DLC support which will make playing through it again a joy.
- Magic 2014: Although I might be the only person on the staff who would recommend this game, it is without a doubt the one title I am the most excited about this week. Wizards of the Coast and Stainless Games have made great strides over the past couple of years in replicating the MtG on a variety of devices, and this year could be the biggest jump yet. The introduction of true deck building thanks to sealed deck modes in the game could potentially make this the best entry in the series to date. Look for our full review of the game very, very soon.
This week’s full list:
- The Best of PlayStation Network Volume 1 for PlayStation 3
- Company of Heroes 2 for PC
- DARK for PC
- Deadpool for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC
- Doodle Jump Kinect for Xbox Live Arcade
- Endless Space: Disharmony DLC for PC
- Hotline Miami for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within for PC
- LEGO Legends of the Chima: Laval’s journey for Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, and PlayStation Vita
- Magic 2014: Duels of the Planeswalkers for PC, Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, iPad, and Android
- Muramasa Rebirth for PlayStation Vita
- OUYA Game Console
- Pool Nation for PlayStation Network
- Project X Zone for Nintendo 3DS
- Ride to Hell: Retribution for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3
- The Sims 3: Island Paradise for PC
- Spartacus Legends for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network