That's what Mythic Entertainment wants you to believe. Most MMOs go "Koo-Koo for Cocoa Puffs" when a holiday approaches and Valentine's Day will be no different. Special live events and activities will be happening during these dates:
(February 9th -16th
Dark Age of Camelot
(February 8th - 21st
With all of the special happenings, I'm giving you authorization to skip getting a present for your special someone. Who needs flowers, chocolates, and gift cards when you can have quality time in digital form?
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Heart-Pounding Festivities from
Check out New Live Events, In-Game Gifts and More in
Warhammer Online, Dark Age of Camelot and Ultima Online
Mythic Entertainment will be celebrating the Valentine’s Day season with heart-pounding online activities and live events beginning this week in all three of the studio’s MMOs – Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® (WAR), Dark Age of Camelot™ and Ultima Online™. Keep a close eye out for Witch Elves and Hunters, Imps and lonely souls lurking across the Mythic universe equipped with new quests and special Valentine’s Day items!
Warhammer Online’s epic Night of Murder Live Event runs from February 9th – 16th:
· Players will receive event influence by completing daily tome tasks.
· “Marked for Death" quest given out by Witch Elves and Witch Hunters located in every warcamp, scenario, and capital city.
· Online gifts include the Butcher’s Blessing, the Well-Mounted Skull and Khaine’s Caress. Players will also be able to find the rare world drop items, including the Lobbin’ Noggin and Burning Blood Potion.
For more details, please visit: http://www.warherald.com/liveevents/2010NightofMurder.php
DARK AGE OF CAMELOT
Dark Age of Camelot’s Valentine’s Day Live Event will run from February 8th – 21st and brings two new quests to players that will help them find a heart:
· “A Matter of the Heart Quest” will give players of all realms the chance find the imp, Russel, near the gates of their capital cities, ready to offer some interesting tasks from the local imp's union in return for a Lawn Cupid trophy, experience and coin.
· “The Keeping Company” Quest will be offered to characters level 45 and above and will have a unique challenge for players in Albion, Midgard and Hibernian. As a reward, players will receive a Tiny Compatriot Crate trophy, experience and coin.
· “The Valentine’s Traditions” Quests will offer three old style quests which were part of the original Dark Age of Camelot Valentine’s Day content. Players will be able to complete the quest up to three times, which is based on the number of times the original quest has been issued online. Players will be rewarded with a Hearts Cloak, Heart-Shaped Box, experience and coin.
Ultima Online will be celebrating Valentine’s Day on February 14th:
· All subscribers will receive a Beating Heart Box filled with three different types of chocolates with various sayings on them including “Be Mine.”
· In addition, players will be given a Rose in a box signed by one of the members of the Ultima Online team.
About Warhammer Online
Based on the popular tabletop war game from Games Workshop, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning features revolutionary Realm vs. Realm conflict that will provide players with an engaging battleground for years to come. WAR is available now for PC and Mac is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. For more information or to download the Endless Free Trial, visit http://www.warhammeronline.com/.
About Dark Age of Camelot
Now in its ninth year, Dark Age of Camelot is the massively-multiplayer online role-playing game ("MMORPG") that pioneered Realm vs. Realm™ combat, Mythic's unique take on Player vs. Player action. For more information or to download the 14-day trial, visit http://www.darkageofcamelot.com.
About Ultima Online
Released in September 1997, Ultima Online is one of the longest-running games in MMORPG history. The first widely successful graphical online role-playing game, Ultima Online has thrived for over a decade, with armies of devoted followers around the world. Ultima Online has spawned eight expansions and dozens of content updates, making it one of the deepest, largest MMORPG’s ever created. For more information or to download the 14-day trial, visit http://www.ultimaonline.com.
Games Workshop, Warhammer, Warhammer Online, Age of Reckoning, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, ™ and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2009. Used under license by Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective licensors.