Microsoft announced today that Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday would not be on Wednesday, and would not include any new games. Instead, to coincide with the Fall Dash update of the Game Store, the Xbox Live Arcade Hits program will be launched tomorrow with discounted prices on several games. The first wave includes Marble Blast Ultra
, Small Arms
and Bankshot Billiards
. In addition, the release also mentioned some of the upcoming titles hitting XBLA over the next several weeks. See the release after the jump for complete details:
Xbox LIVE Arcade Ends Year with Arcade Hits and Fresh Lineup of Upcoming Titles
Top-Selling Arcade Titles Available Tomorrow at Discounted Prices with Launch of Xbox LIVE Arcade Hits
This week’s Xbox LIVE Arcade Wednesday is coming a day early with the Tuesday, Dec. 4 launch of the Arcade Hits program, offering some of the best-selling Xbox LIVE Arcade games at permanently reduced prices. Timed with the Xbox LIVE Fall Update, Arcade Hits can be found within the Xbox LIVE Arcade section of the new Game Store, making it easier than ever to build a library of great downloadable games. The first games to become Arcade Hits:
· “Bankshot Billiards 2” (PixelStorm). “Bankshot Billiards 2” improves on the original with nine game styles: classic 8-Ball, 9-Ball, Cutthroat, Euro 8-Ball, 14.1 Continuous, 3-Ball, Trick Shots, Time Trial and Golf. The game will be available for 800 Microsoft Points.
· “Lumines LIVE!” (Q Entertainment Inc.). “Lumines LIVE!” is a deep and entertaining game experience, enhanced with vibrant music and newly designed skins that players can custom-select in Skin Edit mode. The game will be available for 800 Microsoft Points.
· “Marble Blast Ultra” (Garage Games). In “Marble Blast Ultra,” players compete against each other by navigating marbles through moving platforms and dangerous hazards, while collecting rare gems and power-up enhancements, in an effort to complete each course in record time. The game is available for 400 Microsoft Points.
· “Small Arms” (Gastronaut Studios). Easy to pick up but hard to put down, “Small Arms” is a frantic multiplayer action game with the feel of an arcade shooter. The game is available at 400 Microsoft Points.
· “Zuma Deluxe” (Oberon Media). Gamers can explore more than 20 realms in Adventure mode and put their skills to the test in this fast-paced puzzle game. The game is available at 400 Microsoft Points.
With free trial downloads for every game and over 100 games to choose from, Xbox LIVE Arcade offers something for every member of the family. Last month, Xbox LIVE Arcade celebrated two major milestones: its 100th title release on Nov. 14 and its two-year anniversary on Xbox 360 on Nov. 22, highlighting the platform’s leadership position as the premier destination for digitally distributed, high-definition original and classic games. The fun continues through the New Year as Xbox LIVE Arcade prepares to release several new titles in the coming weeks:
· “Arkadian Warriors” (Sierra Online). Gamers can play as one of three heroic shape-shifting warriors embarking on a trek of epic proportions to release the Land of Arkadia from the evil Gorgon’s stony gaze. An original title on Xbox LIVE Arcade, “Arkadian Warriors” features treacherous dungeons where cooperative hack-and-slash role-playing action enhances a deep single-player storyline. The game includes a robust LIVE-enabled cooperative multiplayer mode for two players online or on the same console.
· “Brain Challenge” (Gameloft). An entertaining brain training program, “Brain Challenge” boosts brain activity and helps players develop stress-management skills thanks to a wide variety of games. A personal coach helps players develop their abilities in several areas of cognitive function, including logic, math, memory and visual thinking, in a fun and entertaining way.
· “GripShift®” (Sidhe Interactive). Through a mix of sky-high platforming and stunt driving, “GripShift” combines automotive and puzzle-solving skills across 120 challenge levels, 25 rubber-burning racetracks and 20 deadly Deathmatch arenas. Gamers can zoom to victory with four players over Xbox LIVE or race solo, all while enjoying a customizable music experience.
· “N+” (Slick Entertainment and Metanet Software Inc.). Gamers can play as an acrobatic ninja in this addictive action-puzzle platformer. “N+” features inadvertently homicidal robots, stylish graphics, a level editor and intense multiplayer awesomeness.
· “Omega Five” (Hudson Entertainment). “Omega Five” is a next-gen, high-definition shooter with awe-inspiring graphics. Gamers can fly through dangerous 3-D environments in this side-scroller and do battle with enemies that come at them from all sides, even the background. “Omega Five” comes to Xbox LIVE Arcade this winter.
· “Poker Smash” (Void Star Creations). Players will experience a whole new puzzle game with a poker twist as “Poker Smash” delivers stunning visuals and radical features such as super-slow motion and card-blasting bombs. Gamers should get ready for a fast-paced innovative game with amazing HD graphics and a custom soundtrack that will blow them away!
· “Rez HD” (Q Entertainment). The psychedelic, cult-classic shooter created by Tetsuya Mizuguchi, “Rez HD” makes its way onto Xbox LIVE Arcade early next year. A frenetic, wire-frame adventure backed by industrial beats, the story of “Rez HD” takes players deep into the world’s computer network, where they must hack the system, alter the visual output and take over the music, creating their own rhythms and eye candy as they dig deeper into the cyberworld.
· “Sensible World of Soccer” (Codemasters). The game that inspired a generation, “Sensible World of Soccer” lets players experience both the classic and modern HD version. With multiple play modes, they can play a quick game, start a career mode, manage a team or take part in their own Champions league.
More than 100 games are now available on Xbox LIVE Arcade, including dozens of original intellectual properties and classic titles updated for this generation. Specific game information about each title will be available on http://www.xbox.com in the coming weeks.
About Xbox LIVE Arcade
Xbox LIVE Arcade on Xbox 360 is the premier destination for digitally distributed high-definition games. Xbox LIVE Arcade is a fast-growing phenomenon with a diverse library of original development and classic titles from the world’s best independent and established developers and publishers. With a dynamically updated library and free trials for every title, Xbox LIVE Arcade makes it easy for every type of gamer — from casual to hard-core — to get instantly immersed in the fun. Xbox LIVE Arcade also lets friends connect and play these incredible games either from the same room or from around the world via the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/livearcade.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.