Killer Instinct got it's biggest update yet and with it brings the long awaited debut of Spinal to the 2013 reboot of the game. If you own the Ultra Edition or Combo Breaker Pack, Spinal, along with his accessories, are currently available to play.
Spinal plays differently than all the other characters as he has the ability to earn skulls and use them against his opponents. Certain moves allow him to absorb skulls and once he has a bunch, he can the use them in his combos, allowing him to create some pretty devastating combos. It seems like we may finally have a character that will give Glacius and Jago players a challenge as they seem to be the most well rounded characters on the roster so far.
Also available in this update is Glacius's classic skin, Saberwulf classic skin and an updated model of Orchid's classic skin.
Finally, introduced in this update, is the all new "Jail" system to help with online rage quitters. Rage quitting is a severe problem in online fighting games and Double Helix hopes to solve that solution by punishing those who choose to rage quit.
Here is the rundown on how the "Jail" system will work
- The first time your disconnect percentage goes above 15 percent you go to JAIL
- A 10 match minimum is required
- JAIL lasts for 24 hours. During this time you can only be matched against other JAIL members
- Each time you go to JAIL the amount of time increases by 24 hours (capped at 5 days – 120 hrs)
- While in JAIL your profile icon will be automatically changed to a custom JAIL icon to let you know you are in JAIL
- When your JAIL time is up, you go back into the public again (even if your disconnect percentage is back over 15%)
- However, when back in public, if you disconnect and you are still above 15 percentage you go directly back to JAIL
- For any match that sends you to JAIL, player will take a loss
A full list of patch notes can be found on their official forums.
Check out the gameplay trailer for Spinal, courtesy of IGN, which also includes a little surprise at the very end.