AMD isn't the only one with a new card today as NVIDIA has announced the new GeForce GTX 275
for today. I am write now trying to finish up the review of the card but it's a card that's going to sit in between the 260 and 280 line. Running at 633Mhz for the GPU and 1134MHz for the memory, the car sports 896MB of GDDR3 memory and will retail for $249. No word on any rebates or anything to match the Radeon 4890 rebated price yet though and the card will be available globally on or before April 14th.
In addition, Power Pack 3 has been released
and it includes a really interesting application called vReveal. I'll be posting some samples of video using the application on a NVIDIA card in a day or so so you can see what it does and how it can help clean up video CSI style.
NVIDIA EXTENDS PERFORMANCE LEAD WITH NEW GEFORCE GTX 275 GPU
New GPU Delivers Unbeatable Price/Performance and Amazing GPU-Accelerated PhysX Effects
What: NVIDIA today announced the GeForce® GTX 275 GPU, the latest addition to NVIDIA’s performance GPU lineup, offering first-rate graphics, physics, and GPU computing performance, as well as the absolute best price-performance for today’s value-conscious gamers.
Based on the GT200 architecture, the GeForce GTX 275 GPU features 240 processor cores operating at 1404 MHz, 80 texture processing units, a 448-bit memory interface, and an 896 MB framebuffer. In price and performance, it sits between the GeForce GTX 260 and the GeForce GTX 285.
* Highest performing GPU in the $229-$249 price category
* Incorporates NVIDIA PhysX® technology for the most interactive gaming experience
* NVIDIA CUDA® for accelerated desktop applications
* Supports NVIDIA 3D Vision® for immersive stereoscopic gaming
* Ready for Windows 7
* Launches with new GeForce Release 185 software drivers for optimal performance and features, including a new Ambient Occlusion setting
The GeForce GTX 275 is being announced alongside the availability of the new GeForce Power Pack #3, which includes a host of free, new PhysX and CUDA-enabled content for GeForce owners. The Power Pack #3 includes:
* Three new applications that take advantage of PhysX hardware acceleration, including a custom PhysX patch for Ascaron’s Sacred 2: Fallen Angel; a never-before-seen demo and benchmark for Star Tales, a highly ambitious social networking game from the acclaimed Chinese developer QWD1; and the source code to the PhysX screensaver for community modding and distribution.
* Two new CUDA-accelerated applications, including MotionDSP vReveal and SETI@home.
When: The GeForce GTX 275 will be available globally on or before April 14, 2009. Some regions are available now; other regions are available for pre-order. Current availability varies by region. Both standard and overclocked versions are available.
Where: GeForce GTX 275 will be available from the world’s leading add-in card partners, including: ASUS, BFG, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision, Leadtek, MSI, Palit, Sparkle, Zotac, PNY, Point of View, and XFX.