More details and first screens of Tiger Woods for iPhone/iPod Touch emerge
3/14/2009 10:10:00 AM
The folks at EA Mobile have released the most detailed info to date on their upcoming Tiger Woods PGA Tour
by EA SPORTS for iPhone/iPod touch. From the looks of the screens and the details below, the game play may be pretty robust. But the graphics side will probably be a work in progress to harness and optimize that PowerVR MBX Lite chip found in the iPhone and iPod Touch. In addition to Tiger, playable (and NPC) characters include Annika Sorenstam, Vijay Singh and Retief Goosen and the courses will be Pebble Beach, St. Andrews and TPC Sawgrass. One of the five screens shows off some of the outfits that you can dress your golfer in. No word yet on whether one option will be the custard-colored pimpsuit looking getup that Sergio Garcia wore in the 2006 British Open.
Tee It Up with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® by EA SPORTS - the only game that lets you play as (or against) Tiger Woods! Step onto legendary courses that come alive with amazing 3D graphics, voice-over commentary, and detailed camera angles. Line-up your shot with the precise touch-n-drag swing meter and hear the roar of the crowd as you capture 1st place in the tournament!
• Play as or against Tiger Woods and other professional golfers such as Annika Sorenstam, Vijay Singh, and Retief Goosen
• Experience realistic courses with detailed 3D graphics including Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, and TPC Sawgrass
• Master the highly tuned "touch-n-drag" swing meter with visual feedback to achieve the perfect swing
• Swipe the screen to affect your Ball Spin direction as the ball is flying through the air
• Complete achievements and earn official "Bragging Rights" that you can flaunt to your friends!
• Listen to play-by-play commentary by Sam Torrance & Kelly Tilghman
• Escape and play a round of golf any time, any where