It looks like the powers that be at Microsoft know a good opportunity to cross-promote when they see it, so they will be including achievements with the Machinima App that will be available on Day One of the Xbox One launch. The Machinima experience allows XbO users to utilize the Machinima Wingman, which is a snap-mode companion that creates customer videos for each game title when users say “Xbox, Snap Machinima.”
When the XbO launches, there will be videos for Dead Rising 3, Battlefield: 4, Ryse: Son of Rom and Call of Duty: Ghosts, with others to follow. The videos feature tips, tricks to users while they play. While using the Machinima app, you can earn media achievements (they do not affect Gamerscore), with close to 10 to acquire. Here is the full list:
- License and Registration: Simply download the Machinima App.
- n00b: Watch a video on the Machinima App.
- Thanks for the Sub: Subscribe to a show, game or partner on the Machinima App.
- Addict: Launch the Machinima App 10 times within 30 days.
- Night Owl: Launch the Machinima App between 1 and 4 a.m. local time.
- You Can Be My Wingman Anytime: Watch 30 Machinima Wingman videos.
- You Can Be Mine: Watch 150 Machinima Wingman videos.
- TV Rots Your Brain: Watch 1,000 videos on the Machinima App.
- Oversharer: Share 10 videos on Facebook via the Machinima App.
- And one secret achievement — you’ll have to look back through the history of Machinima to find this hidden gem.