I wish that headline was a joke but it is not. Meridian4
and SCS Software
's Bus Driver
has gone gold. The game is a driving sim where "...your job is to transport passengers around an attractive and realistic city." The game features 12 different buses, 30 different routes with different levels of difficulty, and AI controlled traffic. Even though it is a simulation if one of those other cars fails to stop when I'm dropping my kids off I WILL chase them down and destroy them. Look for this title for the PC probably within the next couple of months.
Come Aboard, Next Stop…Gold!
Montreal, Quebec, Canada – May 5, 2008 – Meridian4 (http://www.meridian4.com) and SCS Software are pleased to announce that Bus Driver has gone gold and will be ready to ship to retail stores and be available for digital download in May.
“We have been working with SCS Software to change some minor things in the game for the North American market.” said Jeff Giasson, Production Director at Meridian4, “There was very little to be done to this surprisingly addictive driving sim.”
About Bus Driver
In Bus Driver, your job is to transport passengers around an attractive and realistic city. You must drive to a timetable on a planned route, while obeying traffic rules, and taking care not to upset or injure your passengers. This makes Bus Driver unlike any other driving game - the experience of driving a bus is very different from blazing through a racing circuit.
- 12 buses to drive – detailed models inspired by real-world buses, including London’s double-decker bus, America’s school bus, Europe’s low floor buses and many more
- 30 routes arranged into 5 tiers with increasing difficulty
- Multiple duties, such as driving a school bus, transporting tourists, sight-seeing tours and even the transportation of prisoners
- High replay value based on sophisticated system of traffic rules and game-play related bonuses.
- Large city to drive in, with several districts of varying styles: modern, old-town, suburb, airport, harbor and more with day/night cycles and realistic weather conditions.
- Living roads with intelligent traffic controlled by AI system
- Non-violent, easy to pick up gameplay, suitable for all ages.
Meridian4 is an interactive software publisher located in Montreal, Canada. A new publishing company, with new ideas and a different approach to forming partnerships with developers, Meridian 4 aims to actually form a partnership – a true relationship characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility to achieve the best possible performance for developers’ products. For more information, visit http://www.meridian4.com.
About SCS Software
Established in 1997, SCS Software is a privately owned game and entertainment software development company located in Prague, Czech Republic. SCS Software has successfully designed and developed over 15 titles, including a long line of truck simulation games in the 18 Wheels of Steel series. The company develops smaller but quality PC titles using its proprietary Prism3D engine technology and end-to-end content-pipeline. For more information, visit http://scssoft.com.