General Knoxx DLC available today on Xbox Live/Thursday on PSN
2/23/2010 10:18:00 AM
If you're still hungry
for more Borderlands
content then you should head out to Xbox Live today (or the PSN on Thursday) and download The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
. Why you ask? Well because it adds a ton of new weapons, new missions, and ups the level cap to level 61. The pack is almost twice the size of the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned (which I liked) and it looks like it's going to be more engaging than the last DLC pack which seems a bit on the lame side (Tina even said
The other nice addition is a few new vehicles including one that supports four players, something that probably should have been in the game originally. Hopefully it's as good as the first one.
Update(Chuck) - Of course as soon as I post it word comes out that it's been delayed until tomorrow. The good news is that it costs the same as the other packs $10 so it seems like a pretty good deal.
Update II (Chuck) - Just got the official word from 2K that the DLC pack will be available after 5:00 EST today.
Hello – 2K Games and Gearbox Software announce that The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, the third piece of highly explosive entertainment from the best-selling and award-winning Borderlands franchise will be available Tuesday, Feb. 23 on XBLA and Thursday, Feb. 25 on PSN and PC.
The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
- Almost twice the size of The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
- A brand new class of ultra-rare/kick-ass weapons
- New vehicles including one that allows for four players to drive and inflict damage and deal out death
- An exciting story line that picks-up where the original game left off
- Almost 30 new villain types
- A level cap increase to 61
- More difficult villains and smarter AI