After over a decade of continuous developments on EverQuest
, it had to come as no surprise that Sony Online Entertainment has yet another expansion in the works for 2010. This October 12th, you can be prepared to gain access to House of Thule
, the 17th expansion to the MMO.
As with all MMORPG expansions, this particular one will bring an increased level cap, raids, zones, quests, etc., as well as a new addition to the storyline. The adventures you will embark on in the upcoming addition involves a dreamworld in which high-instated figures from Norrath are trapped under. Probably a source of this mystery, a strange house was spotted in the Feerrott jungle, named the House of Thule. You will be tasked with battling the manifestations of said dreams and nightmares, and eventually taking on the overlords of the house itself.
Read on for more details, including information on the new in-game housing feature that lets you create a home for yourself to decorate with trophies and the like. You can also check out the newly released screenshots posted below.
The unparalleled seventeenth addition to Sony Online Entertainment LLC’s epic adventure EverQuest® House of Thule™ is on its way. Now in its unprecedented twelfth year, House of Thule brings immersive gameplay, captivating storytelling and exciting worlds to continue the EverQuest legacy, now set in a never-before-seen dreamland full of mystery and adventure. House of Thule offers an expansion rich in content and packed with game-changing features including a level cap increase and the addition of player housing, which new players, veterans and MMO fans will relish.
The adventure continues across Norrath where prominent figures are falling into dream-induced comas. The clerics and mystics of the land are powerless to wake their leaders from their unnatural sleep, evidence that something is deeply wrong in the world of dreams.
A strange home has also appeared in the Feerrott jungle, its look sinister, its purpose, unknown. Upon entering the house, the air is thick with tension, caused by an ensuing conflict between the Thule deities; Cazic, Terris and Morell; the Lord of Dreams. Their turmoil has affected the world of Norrath, clashing reality with delusion, and around every twisting passageway, dreams and nightmares take on their physical forms. Unhinged by imagination, there’s no way of knowing what beings lay in wait for intrepid explorers. Prevail over the overlords of the House of Thule. Unravel its secrets and prevent Norrath from being consumed by the power of its dreams.
New Expansion Features and Additions:
• +5 Level Increase – Achieve a New Max Level of 90 and set a new standard of gameplay
• More than 800 AAs – Elevate your power and abilities beyond the norm
• In-game Housing Addition – Make your permanent mark on the world! Collect and display treasured items
• New Housing Trophy System – Display your trophies and receive statistical benefits
• Hundreds of new housing items to decorate your house to your own style
• 18 Raids – Collect valuable rewards from all new adventures
• 13 Zones – Be the first to discover untouched lands of Norrath
• 450+ Spells – Exponentially add to your caster’s arsenal
• 17 Missions – Experience intriguing lore and immersive Missions
• 120+ Quests – Challenge your skills and gather useful loot
• Inventory increase – Indulge the packrat in you and collect even more game goodies
The scheduled release date for EverQuest House of Thule is October 12, 2010.