Square Enix has announced that Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
is out now for the Nintendo DS. The RPG will allow players to collect tons of Dragon Quest creatures. Click here
for more information from the official site.
SQUARE ENIX UNLEASHES A NEW BREED OF MONSTERS WITH
DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: JOKER
The Wild Card of Monster Hunting Games is Dealt to North American Retailers Today
LOS ANGELES (November 6, 2007) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix™ interactive entertainment products in North America, has announced that DRAGON QUEST® MONSTERS: Joker, available exclusively for the Nintendo DS™, is being distributed to retailers across North America today.
DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker is the latest installment in the premiere RPG franchise that has sold over 43 million units worldwide. Combining ingenious gameplay elements from series creator Yuji Horii, character designs from famed artist Akira Toriyama and music from renowned composer Koichi Sugiyama, the “big three” of game creators delivers the newest entry in a timeless franchise that continues to reinvent itself in new and exciting ways.
Capture, train and synthesise a powerful team from a selection of over 200 classic DRAGON QUEST creatures! Already achieving sales of more than 1.4 million units in Japan, DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker is a breakout title that combines the depth of a classic DRAGON QUEST RPG with the addictiveness of a monster-catching adventure.
Enter the world of DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker as the young hero, locked in a prison by your own father, the leader of a mysterious organization known as CELL. Released under orders to enter the Monster Scout Challenge, you will embark on a journey starting with a single monster and a scout ring, unaware of the dark and mysterious intentions that surround the competition.
- The “big three,” comprised of series creator Yuji Horii, legendary manga artist Akira Toriyama and renowned composer Koichi Sugiyama, teams up once again to create an unforgettable gaming experience
- Witness the same breathtaking visuals that brought Akira Toriyama’s art to life in
DRAGON QUEST VIII: Journey of the Cursed King®
- Create new species as you synthesise customized monsters from a selection of more than 200 different DRAGON QUEST creatures
- Experience an innovative and exciting mix of the monster arena battles from DRAGON QUEST VIII and traditional DRAGON QUEST gameplay
- Challenge your friends via local wireless play to see whose team is the strongest
- Robust Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection component allows players to upload and download monster team data for battle on their Nintendo DS systems
DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.com for more information about ratings. DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $39.99(USD). The official website can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/dqmj/.