First the bad news. For those who are buying a Playstation 4 at launch, there will be a pesky 300 MB day one update that will need to be downloaded in order to use most of the systems features. The good news? Set that update to download in the background and proceed to enjoy all your shiny new Playstation 4 games while it downloads.
The update should take about 15 minutes to complete and will enable features including...
- Remote Play using PS Vita
- Second screen gaming using the PS4 Link app for Playstation Vita and mobile devices
- The ability to record and share screenshots and video
- Use of the Ustream and Twitch apps
- The ability to play games as they are downloading
- The ability for four users to log into the PS4 simulatneously
- Party chat
- Facial recognition and voice commands
- Background music player
- Online multiplayer through Playstation Plus
- Blu-Ray disc and DVD player capabilities
Can you feel it? The next generation of gaming is almost here. Playstation 4 launches two weeks from tomorrow on November 15!