For those wanting to raid with your friends without any wires getting in the way, Creative Labs has finally released the Sound Blaster World of Warcraft Wireless Headset
for $159.99. With that, you get two interchangable headset lenses featuring Horde and Alliance artwork so put on whichever you want depending on your mood. There are also custom WoW-themed voices letting you alter the sound of your voice and sound like an Orc if you like. THX TruStudio PC is there to help you get the most out of the sounds coming from your computer. It's also rechargeable and can be done so while you are using it as well. Now, if you want the wire, you can grab the same set for $119.99 so you save $40 if you go that route.
Creative Announces Availability of the Sound Blaster® World of Warcraft® Wireless Headset
Milpitas, CA March 22, 2010 – Creative Labs, Inc. today announced the Sound Blaster World of Warcraft® Wireless Headset is now available at AAFES, Amazon.com, Apple.com, BestBuy.com, Blizzard.com, Creative.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, Newegg.com and Tiger Direct for $159.99.
“As the leading innovator in precision audio for PC gaming we were well positioned to develop a headset that could live up to the high standards set forth by Blizzard Entertainment® games," said Steve Erickson, VP and GM for audio and video at Creative. "The Sound Blaster World of Warcraft Wireless Headset is a result of this, providing an unprecedented combination of wireless technology, THX TruStudio PC™ technology for enriched audio performance and a unique design that stands out from anything else available to gamers.”
Sound Blaster World of Warcraft Wireless Headset Features
• Two sets of interchangeable headset lenses with 16 million color LEDs, featuring Horde and Alliance artwork
• Custom World of Warcraft-themed voice presets that allow you to alter the way you sound to other players
• Interface software designed to look and feel similar to the in-game interface
• Advanced uncompressed wireless technology
• THX TruStudio PC™ audio technology -- the result of years of collective experience and research by Creative and THX, which delivers the fullest audio experience for games, movies and music
• PC and Mac compatible
• Cushioned earpads and light, flexible headband reduce listening fatigue during intensive gaming
• Rechargeable battery, recharges even while in use
For players that prefer a wired connection, the Sound Blaster World of Warcraft Headset is also available now for US$119.99. For more information, visit www.soundblaster.com