Ace Combat 6 -- further balances to online play
3/5/2008 12:00:00 AM
If your Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
disc (GN score 7.9
) has been catching more dust
than catching enemies
in dogfights, Namco Bandai has been at work to further balance online play, which will automatically begin downloading for Xbox Live Silver and Gold accounts:
- The in-game HUD will now indicate when points are gained or lost in online play.
- Players will now be penalized for crashing their aircraft, leaving the battlefield, and being shot down by opponents in Team Battle and Battle Royale modes.
- Players can now gain points by damaging enemy aircraft rather than making a complete kill in Team Battle and Battle Royale modes.
- Players will now be invulnerable for a brief period of time after each respawn.
- The overall strength of each special weapon has been updated for greater gameplay balance.
- Players can now identify who is speaking in the pre-game lobby with a microphone icon next to their GamerTag.