is one of the most realistic combat games available. The latest 1.05 patch is aimed at making the experience even better with updates and free content. Some of the improvements include major AI tweaking and balancing, compatibility fixes for Vista and Windows 7, spatial sound improvements and more.
They have also added a new campaign entitled Eagle Wing, a new helicopter add-on AH-64D, and a new Warfare Multiplayer mode. It sounds like they are doing a whole lot to make fans happy. Find all the patch details in the press release and click here
to go to ARMA II
's homepage to download the patch.
ARMA II Patch 1.05 released!
Bohemia Interactive continue to improve the ARMA 2 gaming experience with the eagerly awaited update version 1.05 loaded with free content.
Prague, Czech Republic, December 22nd 2009 – As a continuous commitment to its dedicated fans, Bohemia Interactive and IDEA Games announced today the release of the new patch for ARMA 2; one of the most critically acclaimed sandbox PC military simulators of 2009.
Among the list of tweaks and fixes detailed below, this patch brings a number of new features such as a new attack helicopter AH-64D Apache, created with stunning detail, and an exclusive mini-campaign „EAGLE WING“ expanding on one of the seven unique endings of the original ARMA 2.
Updating the game to version 1.05, the patch delivers the following bug fixes, gameplay tweaks and performance improvements:
• Free bonus campaign Eagle Wing
• Free bonus helicopter addon AH-64D
• New Warfare multiplayer mode When Diplomacy Fails, including 3-sides and support for diplomacy between factions
• Major AI tweaking and balancing (better combat cooperation, better situational awareness, new Suppressive fire command)
• Significant performance improvements, especially in large cities
• Fixed compatibility problems under Windows Vista and Windows 7 x64 with 8 GB and more RAM
• Grass now provides concealment also in distance
• Improved hit detection and damage system
• Improved object visibility and less significant objects popping in distance
• Improved mouse input handling
• Spatial sound improvements
• Automatic launching of user made addons (units, missions etc.) via "pbo" file association with the game
• Possibility to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode at any time in game menus using Alt + Enter or through video options
• Various crash opportunities fixed
• Linux server support added
• New GUI to various dedicated server settings
• New GUI for multiplayer commands
• Enabled commanding during story conversations
• FreeTrack support using FreeTrackClient.dll
• DRM free
• Optional anti-cheat protection
To download the ARMA 2 patch 1.05 and to find the latest information about the project please visit the game’s homepage at www.arma2.com
Detailed information, written directly by Marek Spanel, Bohemia's CEO, can be found at www.bistudio.com in the Developer's blog section.
This patch is compatible with all previous ARMA 2 versions as well as with the STEAM version.
Track us on web:
Facebook: IDEA Games