Matt Mirkovich - Staff Writer
- Hands down, my game of the year.
- This was a contender.
- I didn't think an RTS could hack it on the PS2. Good to see I was wrong.
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
- It may be a remake but it's damn good with the retranslated script.
- The cake's not a lie.
Randy Kalista - Staff Writer
Lord of the Rings Online-
absolutely nailed it. We're watching the MMO market bubble burst as more and more online role-playing games close up shop or forcibly go free-to-play. But LOTRO
will be here for many, many years for all the right reasons.
- my number one game of the year -- even barring the rest of the Orange Box. GLaDOS is the funniest and most emotionally complex end boss I've ever encountered. (You think I'm kidding.) The puzzles are smart without insulting your prefrontal cortex. And, John's right, the end song is an instant (and will eventually be a timeless) classic.
- The exact moment the end credits rolled, only one thought entered my blown-away mind: I must play this again. Now. And so I did. It's just that good. Every individual that completes this game will feel a particular attachment to their particular Commander Shepard.
- a game I'll probably be alone in mentioning -- but that doesn't lessen my conviction any. The Gothic Mafioso motif, mobster digital acting, and surprisingly thoughtful moments brought this one sweating into the light.
- an experience. The Holy Land has never before been rendered with such beauty and enormity. Platforming any old-fashioned way will never feel as good as this. And the question mark that punctuates every life that Altair takes is as profound as it is baffling.
Elliot Bonnie - Staff Writer
Call of Duty 4
- might be on the top of my list. They just got it right and I can't stop playing it.
- had some glitches, but I still couldn't help being swept away in the story. I love games that make me forget I am playing a game... and this is one of them. Very good stuff.
- was a nice late summer romp. The atmosphere was perfect and the game play was a lot of fun... even if the ending pissed me off a little.
Page 2 of 4