Ubi announced E3 Lineup
5/3/2006 1:48:00 PM
Another day(hour?), another list of titles that will be shown off next week:
• Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway - early footage looked pretty good but is the WWII FPS market played out?
• Dark Messiah™ of Might & Magic - Fantasy RPG with the Source engine, looks pretty good
• Enchanted Arms - Xbox 360 RPG, could be interesting
• Game to be Unveiled - I'm guessing this isn't King Kong 2: Kong harder
• Open Season : Token Movie tie in game
• Rayman Raving Rabbids: Rayman is back, Cyril is all a twitter
• Red Steel: Wii think this looks decent
• Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent: More Sam Fisher, is that ever a bad thing? (Essentials excluded)
• Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas baby Vegas....
UBISOFT ANNOUNCES E3 2006 VIDEO GAME LINEUP
Showcases 10 Next-Generation Titles, Celebrates 20 Years of Creativity and Innovation
SAN FRANCISCO – MAY 3, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced its lineup of titles for the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) May 10–12, 2006 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Ubisoft will showcase its titles at booth #924 in the South Hall.
“Our E3 lineup demonstrates Ubisoft’s profound commitment to the next-generation of video games,” said Yves Guillemot, president and chief executive officer of Ubisoft. “Ubisoft is very excited to be introducing ground-breaking new intellectual property and showcasing how we bring innovation to our best-selling franchises. Our award-winning development teams are pushing the limits of what can be achieved and leading the industry into the future.”
Ubisoft lineup for E3 2006:
• Assassin’s CreedTM: Experience the power of a feared Assassin in the game that will redefine the action adventure genre for the next generation. Players’ actions will throw the immediate environment into chaos and shape events in this pivotal moment during the Third Crusade.
• Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway™: Gearbox Software’s critically acclaimed squad-based WWII shooter launches into the next generation of gaming with amazing graphics and cutting-edge game play features powered by Unreal Engine 3 and a completely redesigned online component. As Matt Baker, lead a squad of real soldiers who think, relate and fight together through the brutal trials of the dramatic Operation Market Garden.
• Dark Messiah™ of Might & Magic®: Discover a new breed of PC game that will redefine the Action-RPG genre. Powered by an enhanced version of the Source engine from Valve, the second chapter in the new Might & Magic® franchise allows players to experience ferocious combat as an expert warrior, mage, or assassin using a vast array of devastating weapons against vicious creatures in a captivating fantasy environment.
• Enchanted Arms™: The first RPG developed exclusively for Xbox 360™, this epic adventure created by FromSoftware in Japan is arriving for the first time in North America and Europe. Enchanted Arms allows players to escape to a fantasy world filled with beautiful cinema-quality graphics, unique characters and bizarre creatures.
• Game to be Unveiled: Experience the next-generation project from Ubisoft and Free Radical, the developers of the critically-acclaimed Timesplitters® series for the first time at E3.
• Open Season™: Team up with the cast of characters from Sony Pictures Animation’s feature-length CGI film Open Season coming in September. It’s a riotous romp in the great outdoors for kids of all ages when a rowdy brood of forest animals turn the tables on unsuspecting hunters.
• Rayman Raving Rabbids™: Developed by famed creative director Michel Ancel, this new installment of the Rayman franchise will be the funniest and zaniest yet. Rayman’s world is threatened by a devastating invasion by the most unexpected creatures and Rayman must battle to save his world and its inhabitants.
• Red Steel™: The only original first-person game built from the ground up and exclusively for the Wii™ launch. Red Steel takes full advantage of Nintendo’s innovative controller and provides the unique experience of combined gunplay and swordplay.
• Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent™: The best-selling Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® saga is taking an entirely new direction. In the highly anticipated next chapter, play as a double agent spy for the first time. Take on dual roles of covert operative and ruthless terrorist, where choices of whom to betray and whom to protect affect the outcome of the game.
• Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® makes its dramatic next-generation debut. Rainbow operatives take to the chaotic streets of Las Vegas as an escalating terrorist siege in “Sin City” threatens to take world terrorism to new heights.
Follow Ubisoft News at our special E3 website: http://e3.ubi.com.
For more information about Ubisoft, please visit www.ubi.com and www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 547 million Euros for the 2005–2006 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2006 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Rayman, the character of Rayman, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Ubisoft, Ubi.com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2006 Gearbox Software, L.L.C. All rights reserved. Published and distributed by Ubisoft Entertainment under license from Gearbox Software, L.L.C. Brothers in Arms Hell’s Highway is a trademark of Gearbox Software and is used under license. Gearbox Software and the Gearbox logo are registered trademarks of Gearbox Software, LLC.
Free Radical Design and its associated logo are trademarks of Free Radical Design Limited. Developed by Free Radical Design Limited.
© 2006 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Persistent Elite Creation and the Soldier Icon are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Rainbow Six, Red Storm and Red Storm logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Red Storm Entertainment, Inc. is a Ubisoft Entertainment company.
© 2006 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Might and Magic, Dark Messiah, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Developed by Arkane Studios and Floodgate Entertainment. Valve, Half-Life, and Source are trademarks or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, the Xbox Logos and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or in other countries.