Three more Xbox Originals announced
2/5/2008 5:23:00 PM
MCV UK posted today
, Sid Meier's Pirates
and Ninja Gaiden Black
will be coming to the Xbox 360 next week via the Xbox Originals download service. Cost is the same as usual at 1,200 points each despite the fact you can probably get these for less at the local used video game store.
Edit (Dan): Added official North American press release
Starting next Monday, February 11, you can download three more Xbox Originals from Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Download and play Ninja Gaiden Black from Team Ninja (Tecmo), Sid Meier’s Pirates! (2K Games), or BLACK (Electronic Arts), for 1200 Microsoft Points each.
Xbox Originals on Xbox LIVE Marketplace brings you original Xbox games to play on your Xbox 360. Relive your favorites or find games you missed the first time around.
Ninja Gaiden Black
ESRB M (Mature - for Blood & Gore and Intense Violence)
1200 Microsoft Points
(Not available in Australia or New Zealand)
Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox.com
Ninja Gaiden, the critically acclaimed cut-and-slash action game, took the action genre by storm with its unique and innovative gameplay, killer story, and mind-blowing graphics. Now you can experience even more of Ryu Hayabusa's deadly artistry in Ninja Gaiden® BLACK, the newest installment in the series, slashing its way to Xbox®.
· Action-packed story: Play Story mode or Mission mode, including boss battles, time challenges, and more!
· Hurricane Pack content: Encounter new enemies, big bad bosses, and new costumes from Hurricane Packs 1 and 2.
· Difficulty levels: Choose from five levels of difficulty for all kinds of gamers, from "Ninja Dog" to "Very Difficult Master Ninja."
· Bonus extras: Play the original arcade versions of Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Ryukenden.
Sid Meier’s Pirates!
Rated T (Teen – for Mild Violence)
1200 Microsoft Points
(Not available in Korea, Japan, or Germany)
Sid Meier’s Pirates on Xbox.com
Sid Meier's Pirates!® is the action-packed roleplaying game that lets you live the life of a pirate in the seventeenth-century Caribbean. Choose which exploits and quests to pursue in this Xbox®-customized version of Sid's original, award-winning Pirates! PC game.
· Engage in fierce naval battles: Fight single enemies or multiple ships.
· Build a fleet: Take the helm of 27 different ship types enhanced with assorted ammo, cannons, and other upgrades.
· Integrated melee: Parry and slash your dueling opponents into submission with lightning quick moves onboard ships, in seedy taverns, and even in the Governor's mansion.
· Take your crew ashore: Dig up buried treasure or plunder enemy ports in strategic land battles. Sneak in and out of towns, escape from prisons, and avoid guards, or surprise them and knock them out!
· A pirate's life: Increase your riches and win the heart of the Governor's daughter to earn gifts and valuable information.
· Multiplayer combat: Grab a controller and jump into four-player ship battles in Versus mode.
· Make your own story: Challenge and pursue the most infamous pirates in history, including Blackbeard, Captain Kidd, and Henry Morgan. If you prevail, they’ll teach unique skills to you!
· Online bonuses: Use Xbox LIVE® to upload scores and compare your pirating prowess with friends and foes alike. Also, download sail emblems, flags, and other content.
· Renowned creator: Designed by Hall-of-Fame game designer Sid Meier.
ESRB M (Mature - for Strong Language and Violence)
1200 Microsoft Points
(Not available in Korea or Japan)
BLACK on Xbox.com
Join the world’s most brutal and enigmatic strike force. The BLACK™ tactical squad operates under the cloak of complete anonymity and deniability to protect the U.S. from threats foreign and domestic. It answers to no one, allowing it to carry out covert operations around the globe.
From manipulating politicians to controlling intelligence networks and militaries, BLACK operatives are trained at the highest level in psychological warfare, espionage, and lethal combat. Go deep into the world of clandestine warfare as you use any means necessary to get the job done.
· Guns are the stars: An explosive arsenal of bleeding-edge weaponry is at your disposal.
· Every bullet counts: Everything in the environment is affected by gunfire.
· It's bigger and louder: Experience the most exhilarating and destructive shooter ever created.
· Death is an opportunity: Every enemy dies like a stuntman.