Gaming site talkin' 'bout music: Sony spotlighting its new streaming music service
3/28/2011 11:07:00 PM
Sony Network Entertainment has announced a series of exclusive events across the United States to spotlight "Music Unlimited
powered by Qriocity," their new streaming music service. This service offers instant access to Sony's entire 7,000,000 song catalogue on every Sony device under the sun
These events will include in-store demonstrations, hands-on opportunities, artist performances, artist meet and greet opportunities and more. The tour kicks off March 31 and wraps up on May 1. Artists include DeVotchKa, David Cook, City Groove, Big Boi, G. Love, and Carter's Chord.
There will be a limited number of tickets available at the door for each event, and more information can be found online
offers instant access to Sony's entire 7,000,000 song catalogue on every Sony Device under the sun, along with PCs and laptops. That's great news for everyone who just has to listen to former American Idol champ David Cook on their PS3. Maybe he goes great with Killzone 3.
FOSTER CITY, Calif., March 28, 2011–Sony Network Entertainment today announced a series of exclusive events across the United States, spotlighting its new streaming music service, “Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity.”
WHO: Sony Network Entertainment
WHAT: A nationwide tour of events featuring in-store demonstrations, hands-on opportunities, artist performances, artist meet and greet opportunities and more. There will be a limited number of tickets available at the door for each event. More information can be found online: http://www.qriocity.com/us/en/music-unlimited-live-experience.html
WHEN:The tour commences March 31 and concludes on May 1, with the following dates, cities and performances:
· March 31 in Chicago at House of Blues:performance from the Denver based punk/folk quartet, DeVotchKa.
· April 2 in Los Angeles at Century City Mall’s Sony Style (store grand opening):David Cook performance plus meet and greet with fans.
· April 9 in Miami at Sony Style in Aventura Mall: performance from Universal Music Group funk/soul artist, City Groove.
· April 13 in New York City at Gramercy Theater:performance from Outkast member, Big Boi.
· April 18 in Palo Alto, Calif. at Sony Style in Stanford Shopping Center: performance and meet-and-greet with hip-hop and blues-guitar extraordinaire, G. Love.
· May 1 in Nashville at Mercy Lounge:performance plus meet and greet with Universal Music Group artist, Carter’s Chord.
ABOUT: Music Unlimited’s service gives users the music they want, when they want it. It offers instant streaming access to a catalogue of over seven million songs on any PC or laptop, as well as a variety of Sony devices, including Sony’s network-enabled BRAVIA® TVs, Blu-Ray Disc™ players, Blu-Ray Disc Home Theatre systems, as well as PlayStation®3and VAIO® laptops. It will also become available on a wider range of Sony’s portable devices, as well as on Android-based mobile devices and other portable devices.
For more information on “Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity” visit music.qriocity.com
Sony Network Entertainment