First look at Double D Dodgeball
5/28/2008 1:12:00 PM
YUKE’S Company of America let loose with the first volley of Double D Dodgeball
info today including screens and features. The game will feature Eight person multiplayer on Xbox Live, eight arenas, both East and West rules as well as variable settings. Double D Dodgeball is slated for Xbox Live Arcade in Q3 and will cost 800 Microsoft Points.
DOUBLE D DODGEBALL LINES UP FOR RELEASE ON XBLA
New Competitive Online Dodgeball Title to Offer Eastern and Western Game Rules
CHICAGO - May 28, 2008
YUKE'S Company of America, the U.S. publishing arm of Japanese game developer YUKE'S Company Limited, announced today that its new title Double D Dodgeball® has received certification to release on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Launching this summer, this exclusive Xbox LIVE Arcade title features a unique look and environment combined with intuitive controls and intense gameplay that fans of the classic playground sport will appreciate.
Double D Dodgeball features will include:
- Eight-person multiplayer
- Four modes: Exhibition, Player Match, Ranked Match and Tournament
- GamerScore achievements and online leaderboards
- Four ball types with multiple playing surfaces
- Select between Eastern and Western rules
“With Double D Dodgeball, we’ve been able to capture the spirit of classic playground dodgeball that we all grew up with, integrate a defined set of rules known in the East and West, and take it to Xbox LIVE,” said Ken Koyama, Manager of Product Development at YUKE’S Company of America. “Instead of meeting up on the hot playground, you can go on Xbox LIVE Arcade and blast your friend with ball from the comfort of your couch.”
• Traditional method where two teams square off in an arena separated by a center line.
• Hit an opponent to knock them out.
• “Out” players are sent to the sidelines located behind their team’s side of the court.
• Return when a teammate knocks out an opponent.
• Arena contains a center line, and an outfield located around the outside of the court.
• One player from each team starts in the opponent’s outfield and can throw balls at the other team.
• ”Out” players are sent to the outfield. Hit an opponent from there to reenter the match.
Double D Dodgeball will cost 800 MS Points and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. Additional information can be found by visiting the Double D Dodgeball teaser site at: http://www.yukes.us/