Battlestar, Exit, Uno, and other XBL updates this Wednesday
10/22/2007 12:45:00 PM
Seems Microsoft's letting out a few new games and updates this Wednesday. First up is Battlestar Galactica
and you can read Chuck's preview
of the PC version to see how much he likes it. Next up is Exit
continuing the long line of puzzle type games that are released on the platform. Uno
's getting updated for use with the Big Button Pad, concentrated camera matchmaking, and direct access to privacy settings. Another add-on pack is being released for Bomberman Live
and finally new content will be available for Pinball FX
. All in all a very busy Wednesday for Xbox Live.
The battle between good and evil continues this week as “Battlestar Galactica” comes to Xbox LIVE Arcade. Inspired by the hit television series of the same name, “Battlestar Galactica” lets players choose their own path – be the hero and defend Galactica or join the dark side with the ruthless Cylons. In the thrilling puzzle action game, “Exit,” players will need to think fast to save lives as the heroic Mr. ESC. Both games will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT).
“Battlestar Galactica,” developed by Australian-based Auran Games, involves intense space battles as players choose to side with either the Humans or Cylon forces. Piloting iconic ships from the Viper II to the Heavy Raider, players lead a squadron through fast-action multiplayer space combat or can play through the intense single-player campaign based on memorable episodes from the TV series, including the riveting first episode of the continuing series, “33,” and the 2007 Emmy Award-winning episode, “Exodus.” “Battlestar Galactica” features both single and multi-player modes for up to eight players, skill-based matchmaking and leaderboards. The game will be available worldwide, with the exception of Korea, for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E10+.
· For more details on “Battlestar Galactica,” please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/battlestargalacticaxboxlivearcade/default.htm
A uniquely stylish and addictive puzzle game, “Exit” will have players using their decision-making skills and quick wit to escape numerous obstacles while rescuing people from more emergencies in over 220 levels. Developed by Taito, “Exit” stars Mr. ESC, the escape artist who goes wherever he’s needed to get people out of the worst predicaments you’ve ever seen. When it comes to escape, nothing’s impossible for Mr. ESC. The game will be available worldwide, with the exceptions of Asia and Latin America, for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E.
· For more details on “Exit,” please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/e/exitxboxlivearcade/default.htm
While you wait for “Battlestar Galactica” and “Exit” to arrive on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, check out the highly anticipated update to “UNO” by Carbonated Games! The free update is available starting today, October 22nd, 2007 at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT) and will introduce the following:
· Big Button Pad Support – The Big Button Pad takes its inspiration from the buzzers used by contestants in countless game shows throughout the years, making it easy for players of all ages and skill levels to get in the game. Four Big Button Pads are included with each copy of “Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action,” a social and engaging movie trivia game launching this November. Players will also be able to use the Big Button Pads to play "UNO" on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
· Concentrated Camera Matchmaking – Xbox LIVE Vision Camera support is better than ever, providing the ability for camera-enabled players to match with other camera-enabled players and maximize the social experience!
· Direct Access to Privacy Settings – Xbox privacy settings are now displayed in-game. With a single button press the Xbox privacy settings launch right to the dashboard.
Also, coming this Wednesday is “Bomb-Up Pack 3,” the third add-on pack for “Bomberman Live,” as well as new downloadable content for “Pinball FX.” For more details please visit www.xbox.com/livearcade.